Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Community Space inundated with broken appliances

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Stay at a community space that hasn't been converted yet
What happens when the bug occurs? People drop off appliances that you can't take, so they stay on the property unless you convert to one of the main 3 community spaces or go into build mode and delete them
What do you expect to see? The ability to take them and refurbish?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Eco Lifestyle

Is this a bug? It seems like a silly thing to have people drop stuff off that you can repair, but you have no way of taking to put in your own house.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title. Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 35 (4,282 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Community Space inundated with broken appliances

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Actually, can anyone encountering issue #2 (An excessive amount of objects left on lots with the landfill trait blocking paths and doors) possibly share a save file with me, to help us investigate? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 34 of 35 (770 Views)

All Replies

Re: Community Space inundated with broken appliances

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem. I was expecting to be able to fix them and sell them etc..

Message 2 of 35 (4,222 Views)

Hero
@nicolah18 Items that come out Burnt (chairs/tables) can be repaired with the smog vacuum or a spell, have you tried that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 35 (4,212 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yup having the same issue. Random broken appliances, dropped by random sims, at random places on the lot that after you repair them have just the normal interactions. I would expect my sims to be able to take them home , and either use or sell them. Mine currently has been converted to a makers space, si no idea what happened to the ones that where left there. However at some point i did find a stereo at a completely random place, that my sim could not put in inventory because it "didn't belong" to my sim. I assume that since it's at the moment on a makers space and sims will repair broken stuff, someone dropped it and someone else repaired it when i wasn't looking 

Message 4 of 35 (4,184 Views)

★ Guide

I've submitted a slew of municipal concept blueprints all perfect quality and have yet to see any reward besides some money and job performance. The smog vacuum seems ridiculously hard to get and none of my sims are spellcasters. That the vacuum is gated behind a career pathway is not very well thought out since freegans are really the ones benefiting from the cleaned up stuff the most... and they hate working. But I digress...

Even if you repair and clean up the the slew of fridges that are dropped off, there is no way of picking them up. You can't slide a fridge into your inventory, and there's no option to add it to the household inventory. So you can repair it, but it has to stay on the trash lot.

Message 5 of 35 (4,161 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Willowanathat is part of the landfill lot trait, the basic community lots are dumps and shells of themselves and you have to vote to improve them. Once you vote for the gardening lot, maker space or market place the landfill lot trait will go away.

Message 6 of 35 (4,152 Views)

★ Guide

I get that it is a "feature" what may not be a feature is the permanency of the items. If the items never disappear in any way, or the lot doesn't reset at 4 am.... then those lots will be rendered unplayable for the amount of items on every square. Not everyone wants to make a community space. Some of us are just scrappers who want to keep the world filthy.

Message 7 of 35 (4,102 Views)

Hero
@Willowana I'm leaning towards feedback of being excessive.

I will tag it as needs input to see how many people are bothered by this. If it's many, EA might be inclined to tune it down,.

Also, could you do me a favor and add your actual game number and not fully updated to your reports ? I've edited all your report up to now but it would be good if you could do that going forward.

Current one is: 1.63.134

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 35 (4,058 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I thought you'd be able to take the appliances on the landfill lot too. Also repaired them but can't take them home. 

Sim can "dive for deals" and get tables, couches, etc. But, when it comes to taking the appliances, tvs, radios on the lot,  the sim can't take them. 

Message 9 of 35 (3,901 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I can take anything home I want from the dumpster. Also if you  sell directly from the inventory you get new value price for it. A which point I buy the same item I any color I want as if I'd fixed it up myself.  I do check before selling as some items aren't available for purchase and are reward for dumpster diving. I've gotten 2 high end microwaves, high end stove and a rabbit ear tv and lots of furniture including beds

Message 10 of 35 (3,837 Views)