[FIXED] [ECO] [CoL] NPC Sims not filling regular positions

by whubble

Original Post

Re: [Cottage Living] Villagers Lost Their Active Roles and Became Townies

Hero
@xRiSEEx I moved your post over the the current bug report for this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 81 of 98 (1,176 Views)

Re: NPC Sims not filling regular positions.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.205.1020

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: High School Years, Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together and Get to Work Game Packs: My Wedding Stories, Dream Home Decorator, Journey to Batuu, Stranger Ville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat Stuff Packs: Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Cook Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party Kits: First Fits Kit, Little Campers, Moonlight Chic, Blooming Room, Incheon, Industrial Loft, Fashion Street, Courtyard Oasis, Bust the Dust, Country Kitchen, Throwback
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit the Grocery stand, the Creature Keeper, Pub, Fair or Order Groceries. 
What happens when the bug occurs? The Creature Keeper, Grocery Shop Owner, Mayor of Finchwick and Pub Owner keeps getting replaced with these random NPC although I’ve never played any of them.  This was fine when I first purchased Cottage Living on release.  I’ve tried everything from deleting the NPCs to repairing the game and nothing works.  Plus, the normal NPCs that came with Cottage Living are still walking around the world with their assigned roles.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the proper NPC that came with Cottage Living in their assigned roles as is illustrated by the picture below.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I only have CAS cc and I removed the folder, deleted localthumbcache.package, and started a new save to test this.  I play off line so there was no need to delete anything in the cache folder

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? It appeared after the 7/26/2022 patch before High School Years was released. 

The only ones still assigned correctly are the Crumplebottoms.  

Villagers.JPG

This is how it was and how it should be: 

Country Living Villagers.JPG

Message 82 of 98 (1,122 Views)

Finchwick NPC Bug

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.205.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? High School Years, Cottage Living, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cate & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Journet To Batuu, Dine Out, Spa Day, Laundry Day, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Movie Hangout,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit Finchwick in Henford on Bagley.
What happens when the bug occurs? Everything I visit Fenchwick for any reason, the cast of NPC's change...but the previous sims are still in the game, and when i see them they are still labeled as such...There are several sims as pub owner, mayor, Creeture Keeper and others.
What do you expect to see? I would like to be able to visit Finwick without seeing different sims in the npc roles.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

N/A

Message 83 of 98 (1,099 Views)

Re: Finchwick NPC Bug

★ Guide

When the original NPCs die, they are replaced by game-generated NPCs, so it's not a problem to see a new pub owner or a new mayor. The problem is to see a new one spawn every time we go to the Henford-on-Bagley neighborhood.

I play a lot with this neighborhood and I have so much of these NPCs that I've merged them in the same families Large smile
2022-09-16 (2).png

LOL! And when I created a new sim in town, guess who came to greet my sim welcome in the neighborhhod? Standard smile
10-09-2022_21-20-36.png
Yes, three of them came together! LOL!!!!! And they were quite annoying, eating food in the fridge and so on! Large smile

While this is funny, I've decided not to run errands for the Henford-on-Bagley townies because I'm not sure who I'm suppose to deliver the items to. So this bug keeps me to play the full game.

Message 84 of 98 (1,053 Views)

I'm having this issue on new saves as well.

★★ Guide

I'm having this issue on new saves as well.

image.png

Message 85 of 98 (1,042 Views)

Re: Multiple versions of Agatha Crumplebottom and Agnes Crumplebottom

★★★★★ Novice

I have no mods whatsoever installed and have 3 different Agnes', two different Grocers and three different Mayors. No idea why, but I do. There may be even more, but these are the ones in my sims' relationship tab.

Message 86 of 98 (950 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [CoL] Multiple versions of Agatha and Agnes Crumplebottom

★ Guide

Do you still need saves for this issue? Here's my save:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjfdZtnY1U--oHJLq11KK4Vk3D-O

So I unchecked the box for the mods in the options
Removed all the mods from the mod folder
Repaired the game
Started a brand new game
Played with it for a while
And when a saw a couple of Agnes and Agatha Crumplebottoms duplicates in the game, I then copied this save file. 

Message 87 of 98 (914 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [CoL] Multiple versions of Agatha and Agnes Crumplebottom

★★ Pro
@2hCreations Excellent job on the testing! ^^
Message 88 of 98 (882 Views)

Henford on Bagley jobs do not match with the right townies

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.205.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except high school, werewolves, university, wedding stories, batuu, kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play with a new household in henford-on-bagley
What happens when the bug occurs? The cottage living jobs are not occupied by the expected townies.
What do you expect to see? That the cottage living jobs are occupied by the expected townies.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I expect the story progression update

Hello,

In Henford on Bagley, most of the job titles do not match up with the right townies.

For example:

- there are two creature keepers, both of them are not micheal bell

- there are two pub owners, one of them is sara scott and one is a randomly generated sim

- the grocery deliver is not rahul chopra

- the grocery shop owner is not kim goldbloom.

- and so on. I didn't check all of them.

I found the same topic on reddit. There it was suggested this is caused by the story progression update.

Message 89 of 98 (945 Views)

Re: Henford on Bagley jobs do not match with the right townies

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@HeddelvivenYeah I just noticed this happening too. I deleted the wrong townies (also duplicate Agathas!) so I'm hoping they won't reappear again but can't say for now since it was very recent in my game.

edit: I'd like to stress that all Henford special townies are affected unlike some people said earlier. It's just that Agathas and that other flower stand lady are being recreated as clones, not completely randomised like the pub owner, mayor and so on. It's just harder to notice but if you had any relationship with the original Agatha then you'll clearly see that suddenly you don't seem to know her which is ofc true since that _is_ a new sim who just looks exactly the same.

And.. No it didn't help to delete the wrong NPCs, the game just keeps generating more. :/ For some reason the originals still keep the tag over their head which labels their role like "Creature Creeper" but they just stop working in their assigned role. I have SO MANY grocery delivery guys/gals running around the HoB it's madness! I just want the originals back! Or.. well they're still there but I want them to fill those roles like they should!

Message 90 of 98 (929 Views)