[FIXED] [ECO] [CoL] NPC Sims not filling regular positions

by whubble

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Multiple versions of Agatha and Agnes Crumplebottom

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue with multiple agatha crumplebottoms. I haven't purchased anything from their market stall but it's always closed even within hours...

I don't have/use any mods.

Also I have 2 Creature Keepers so far!! both random NPCs not Michael Bell. Help! 

Not sure if I have attached the save file properly.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wwRoou81GaVZLTmoaKvDMOe8B9YINXml/view?usp=sharing

Message 61 of 98 (872 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] [CoL] NPC Sims not filling regular positions

★★★★★ Novice

And here I was thinking it was a mod causing my issues. Of course it's EA...

Message 62 of 98 (830 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Multiple versions of Agatha and Agnes Crumplebottom

★★★★ Novice

This is also happening in my game. Every time that I visit a lot in Henford-on-Bagley it generates a new NPC to fill every role. This includes creating multiple Crumplebottoms, but also new random townies for all of the other roles. I am attaching a save file for your review. It is a fresh save with an empty mods folder and I already loaded the Pub lot multiple times so you can see the multiple Crumplebottoms and random townies in the household manager.

Save

Message 63 of 98 (832 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am also having this issue, and it's been frustrating.  I deleted .cache files, uninstalled mods, tried cheating the roles in, turned off story progression, repaired the game, and tried new saves multiple times.  The only thing I didn't try was reinstalling the entire game, but I both don't want to do that and don't think it'll work anyway.

Someone suggested a mod, and I'm going to try that while we wait for some sort of patch? I tell myself that I'll just play a different save, I don't have to go with my story for now.  But just that knowledge that these NPCs are wrong is taking away my desire to play entirely.

Message 64 of 98 (794 Views)

★★★ Guide

I think it might be caused by the new neighborhood stories settings. Before it was likely caused by MCCC story settings.  (maybe)

At any rate, at least in my game, the NPC"s are moving into or out of worlds and so their jobs get replaced by townies. In the case of the Crumplebottoms the game is creating cloned ones but under random Townie names. (see pic) If you open up to edit them they still say Agnes or Agatha Crumplebottom though.Crumplebottom clones.png

Message 65 of 98 (749 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have same issue. All Bangley NPC are multipled. Game has been created 4 Bar proprietaires.

Message 66 of 98 (727 Views)

★★★ Guide
@vyvexthorne I have this bug without using MCCC so this can not be the cause. And although I have activated story progression no one has ever moved (because I have no residential lots, lol) and all NPC Sims are always "Not in World", so that should not be a problem.

I assume something goes wrong with the filter that tries to find these Sims and as a result they get replaced by a new version.
Message 67 of 98 (715 Views)

Re: Henford NPC's replaced by Randoms

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is also happening with the Realm of Magic sages. Simeon, Morgyn & L have all been replaced.

Message 68 of 98 (671 Views)

Re: Henford NPC's replaced by Randoms

Champion

@djsboonie wrote:

This is also happening with the Realm of Magic sages. Simeon, Morgyn & L have all been replaced.

If that's happening for you, then I don't think it's related to the bug in this thread. This bug is very specifically a filter for fame in the tuning files for the villager NPCs and Eco Lifestyle NPCs that worked before the HSY update not working any more, resulting in the game not using the existing sims and replacing them.

I checked the tuning files for the Realm of Magic sages and they don't have any of that in their tuning files at all, so they should be unaffected. If your sages are being replaced, then it's probably a non-bug related cause - Sages are just unemployed spellcasters with a special hidden trait that says that they're the Sage of Untamed magic etc. In order to protect them in my game from changes to that, I put them in My Households tab in Manage Households and disable all neighbourhood stories changes on them.

Message 69 of 98 (656 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [CoL] Multiple versions of Agatha and Agnes Crumplebottom

★★ Novice

having the same issue here 😁😁 thought it was an mccc error upon reading the thread at first but then realised im experiencing both(?) bugs mentioned - infinite crumplebottoms spawning, and random townies filling the village positions (grocery deliverer, pub owner, mayor, etc, who also spawn infinitely). i've never played in HoB before so idk who they're meant to be, but they're definitely not normal. 10+ of each spawned, some living in different towns, joining other households.

i play with cc and mods but this is surely a bug. tried to stop it with mccc careers module but couldn't figure out how. tried deleting all the unplayed households that spawned but they just come back 😝 im on 1.90, all EPs and GPs (i believe).

Message 70 of 98 (660 Views)