Re: [OPEN] [ECO] [CoL] NPC Sims not filling regular positions

by simvasion

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [CoL] Multiple versions of Agatha and Agnes Crumplebottom

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

oml, after a week of troubleshooting, this mod fixed it, instantly. Aahhh I am so happy!

Message 51 of 98 (1,240 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Oh this is a bug. I occurred this issue and created 3 saves and this is still happening. Except Agatha and Agnes no one is in their role. Even the board in the town doesn't have grocery deliver role, creature keeper and mayor listed...

Message 52 of 98 (1,221 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Which mod are you referring to?
Message 53 of 98 (1,196 Views)

Champion

@lambcaey  you can take a look at the mods list for the one that matches the bug thread "NPC Sims not filling regular positions" and go to the mod listed for that.

Message 54 of 98 (1,190 Views)

Hero
@lambcaey or just google Simvasion mods

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 98 (1,179 Views)

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: MacBook
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 100% of the time
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own all expansion (expect High School), game (expect werewolves, knitting, Star Wars), stuff packs (expect fitness, toddler, vintage glamour, romantic garden and cool kitchen) and kits and all are installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit lots where usual NPC sims are found. I found it through playing in Henford on Bagley. 
What happens when the bug occurs? Randomly generated townies take over NPC jobs.
What do you expect to see? NPCs having their regular jobs, fx. Sarah Scott being bar-owner.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes, after the 02/08 - 2022 update. 

Fresh vanilla game and issue still remains. Tried a few tricks mentioned here but to no avail. 

Message 56 of 98 (1,156 Views)

NPCs in Henford-on-Bagley

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cottage Living, Eco Lifestyle, Get Together, City Living, Island Living, Get Famous, Cats and Dogs, Get to Work, Dream Home Decorator, Parenthood, Spa Day, Dine Out, Moschino, Luxury Party, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Cool Kitchen, Toddler, Perfect Patio, Vintage Glamour, Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Don't know, I play a family in Henford-on-Bagley in Finchwick.
What happens when the bug occurs? The special NPCs are not the sims they are supposed to be. Rahul Chopra isn't the Grocery Deliver Kim Goldbloom isn't the Grocery Shop Owner, Simon Scott, Sara Scott aren't the bar owners. And sometimes I got 2 sims having the same role, for exemple, 2 bar owner, 2 garden shop howner. In a game I got two Agnes Crumplebottom.
What do you expect to see? Michael Bell as the Creature Keeper Agatha Crumplebottom as the Garden Shop Owner Agnes Crumplebottom as the Garden Shop Owner Rahul Chopra as the Grocery Deliverer Kim Goldbloom as the Grocery Shop Owner Lavina Chopra as the Village Mayor Simon Scott, Sara Scott as owners of The Gnome's Arms
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Last Patch 1.62, from the 08/02/22 update

Message 57 of 98 (1,081 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have also been having this issue. Maybe it’s silly of me, but I very much prefer the original sims in this expansion. Cottage Living is my favorite expansion yet and this bug is kind of ruining it for me… 

Message 58 of 98 (1,028 Views)

Re: [CoL] Garden Shop never opens

★★ Novice

I was playing a new save file, no mods or cc, and there was multiple Agnes and Agathas as well multiple Cottage Living npcs (mayors, grocery store owners, grocery deliverers etc) but none of them were the official npcs. This happens on every new save I create. I don't have Eco Lifestyle but I found a workaround in a post related to that expansion pack.

I was able to "fix" that installing the "NPC Sims not filling regular positions" mod to place npc at their roles and then the "MC Command Center" to make it easy to me to delete the random npc at those roles everytime I see them around (and to teleport all the Agnes and Agathas to me to delete them). Maybe the multiple Crumplebottoms and random npcs at roles are related but I'm not sure, I need to check if the Crumplebottoms cloning stopped but I don't think so.

Message 59 of 98 (984 Views)

Re: [CoL] Garden Shop never opens

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Portuguese
How often does the bug occur? Every time
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get Together, Cottage Living, Get Famous, City Living, Dine Out.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Own the Cottage Living
What happens when the bug occurs? Multiple Agnes CrumpleBottom and Agatha CrumpleBottom spawning; multiple random npcs filling all the villager npc roles but not the official npcs.
What do you expect to see? Lavina Chopra as the mayor, Kim Goldbloom as the grocery store owner, Rahul Chopra as the grocery deliverer, Sara Scott as the pub owner, Michael Bell as the creature keeper, Agnes Crumplebottom and Agatha Crumplebottom as garden shop owners and only one Agnes and Agatha.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, but my game wasn't stopping to create a lot of npcs at villager roles so I installed MC Command Center mod to delete them and NPC Sims not Filling Regular Positions mod to, well, make npcs fill their regular positions.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes, but just owning Cottage Living make the issue happens
Please describe the patch or change you made. I already had Cottage Living before the update patch for HSY (I don't own this expansion pack) and this glitch was there before that patch but it seems that it got worse after that update (now there's a ton of random npcs at villager roles). I bought Get Together, Dine Out and Get Famous after that patch but maybe the issue is not related to them (I'm not sure).

Message 60 of 98 (981 Views)