Re: Core npc sims names and occupations changed after latest patch

by EmeraldLaura

Original Post

Re: Core npc sims names and occupations changed after latest patch

★★★★ Guide
@Hawksdaughter you should freeze your save for now, and wait for the bugfix! and Always make a backup before update the game...

you should reset your save to patchday now and wait for the next Update to make sure everything is fine when you continue
Message 31 of 98 (1,166 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] [CoL] NPC Sims not filling regular positions

★★★★ Novice

Same issue with eco lifestyle, Bess(entrepreneur) and Knox (eco master) are replaced by randomized sims.

Message 32 of 98 (1,124 Views)

★★ Guide

I don't think it's NPC sims not filling their regular positions...
The sims still have their roles (Sarah Scott is still Pub Owner... and Global Superstar) but NEW sims are generated for these roles on lot load.
I have 24 households of HoB NPCs now generated through traveling between the HoB neighborhoods, going to Manage Worlds and then loading the same household.

I managed to complete errands with different NPCs of the same role. Meaning one NPC gave the errand (Creature Keeper 1) and after fulfilling the conditions I turned in the report to a different NPC (Creture Keeper 2).

I play with no mods and all packs. This was a new save.
For Eco Living I noticed a similar situation with multiple NPCs in the same role when visiting a makerspace lot.

Message 33 of 98 (1,084 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@cosumeu wrote:

I don't think it's NPC sims not filling their regular positions...
The sims still have their roles (Sarah Scott is still Pub Owner... and Global Superstar) but NEW sims are generated for these roles on lot load.
I have 24 households of HoB NPCs now generated through traveling between the HoB neighborhoods, going to Manage Worlds and then loading the same household.

I managed to complete errands with different NPCs of the same role. Meaning one NPC gave the errand (Creature Keeper 1) and after fulfilling the conditions I turned in the report to a different NPC (Creture Keeper 2).

I play with no mods and all packs. This was a new save.
For Eco Living I noticed a similar situation with multiple NPCs in the same role when visiting a makerspace lot.

Same here. And literally everyone is famous. 🙄

Message 34 of 98 (1,074 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'd like to confirm that I'm having this same issue. 
I'm playing in Evergreen Harbour on a fresh save. I just deleted my entire mod folder to prepare for High School Years. 

Bess Sterling still has the "Entrepreneur" trait and Knox Greenburg still has the "Eco Master" trait, but when they are supposed to appear for their 'welcome wagon' events a random sim is generated in their place. I've tried inviting the correct sims over to the lot, but they won't trigger their dialogue when they arrive.

Message 35 of 98 (1,046 Views)

[CoL] Villagers replaced by new NPCs

★★ Novice

product: The Sims 4
PlatformPC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every save
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except: my wedding stories, journey to batuu, and all of the kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move a household into Henford-on-Bagley, and have your sim learn about the villagers.
What happens when the bug occurs? The villagers' titles are granted to randomly spawned NPCs, which also respawn multiple times (i.e. every time you visit the pub there is a new pub owner). Although the original villagers do not lose their title, their duties (such as running the bar or judging the fair) is performed by the newly spawned NPCs instead.

What do you expect to see? Not having newly spawned villagers multiple times throughout a save, and the original villagers keeping and performing their titles and tasks.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch on july 26th, also bought high school years on july 28th.

Message 36 of 98 (996 Views)

Re: [CoL] Villagers replaced by new NPCs

★ Guide

I've just noticed there's no Creature Keeper for two days in a row. This never happened for Michael Bell before.

Message 37 of 98 (960 Views)

Re: [Cottage Living] Villagers Lost Their Active Roles and Became Townies

★ Novice

I have this same problem and I play vanilla. Tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling and the problem is still happening. I don’t play with these sims so it’s not that. 

Message 38 of 98 (940 Views)

Hero
@cerealkilleri There's currently a bug with it.

I moved your post over to the bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 39 of 98 (924 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue. All NPCs but Agatha and Agnes are gone and replaced by random sims. I don't live in Henford, I just travelled there to see what happens. It is my old save, I of course quit without saving but I cannot play now on this save.

I want our old NPCs back Frown

Message 40 of 98 (901 Views)