Re: [OPEN] [ECO] [CoL] NPC Sims not filling regular positions

by onemorekayaker

Original Post

Re: [ECO] [CoL] NPC Sims not filling regular positions

★★★★ Guide
@WingedSnek and thats the big Problem i have with this Bug Section! If a Bug like this shows up it should always be fixed as soon as possible, no matter how many people push the 'me too' button... those are gamebreaking bugs that have to be fixed within 24h after showing up!
the same with all other Bugs that had been mentioned since yesterday that break the game of course!

and there are gamestudios where this works extremely good so its not a question of is it possible or not. you call that SUPPORT
Message 21 of 98 (1,133 Views)

★ Guide
@EmeraldLaura Yeah, I agree. There are some bugs, which have been around for years now like the visual ones in laptop mode, which in fact did affect a lot of people, but they still are not fixed. I just wanted to give you a small heads up, because I assume that EA will need a while, probably until the next patch, until our bug here is fixed.
Message 22 of 98 (1,089 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@WingedSnek yes, at least its marked as Open now
Message 23 of 98 (1,079 Views)

[CoL] Townies Duplicated

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs (except High School Years), all game packs (except JTB), all stuff packs (except LSP, CKSP, MFPSP, PPSP), only BDK and IAK.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just load the game in the save file attached.
What happens when the bug occurs? There are multiples creature keepers, bar oweners, garden shop owners, mayors, etc., anybody who's important and has a title in Henford-on-Bagley is multiplied, even in the same time and space. They most of the time aren't the same Sim, but that happend last time so I've decided to share here (image).
What do you expect to see? Only to have a person with the important title (example: only one creature keeper at a time), no more mutiple duplicates.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the last patch

Agatha Crumplebottom doppelgänger

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b72NRJJxyGYslNkPHKi-76VSaDP84SwS/view?usp=sharing

Message 24 of 98 (1,069 Views)

★ Guide

I noticed this too. The bartender in Cottage Living is someone totally different than the lady what is there in my previous save files. Mine has a random Sim in the position on a new save file.

Message 25 of 98 (1,056 Views)

Core npc sims names and occupations changed after latest patch

★★★★★ Apprentice

I rely on the comforting continuity of the core npc sims being in my games, as I am sure many others do. Now however, since the patch released in preparation for the High School pack, names and occupations have changed on some of these core sims. I haven't even hit every world/neighborhood to see how many others have changed, but I am particularly concerned with the ones changed in Cottage Living. The pub owner, Sara Scott, no longer owns the pub, which made my errand for her disappear. And who doesn't love the Crumplebottoms? Well, that's not their last name anymore, and Agnes is far too nice now. Kim Goldblum no longer owns and runs the grocery stand, so that errand is gone as well. Was this something that was missed, some setting changed within the patch itself? I shouldn't be sad, it's a game after all, but I really am. It just doesn't have the same feel now. Can this be explained, please?

Message 26 of 98 (1,043 Views)

Re: Core npc sims names and occupations changed after latest patch

Hero
@Hawksdaughter It's a bug.

I merged your thread with the bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 98 (1,033 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you. Lucky me, this bug will haunt me and several of my sims that are in the same 'world'. 

Message 28 of 98 (1,019 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Country Kitchen Courtyard Oasis Holiday Celebration Outdoor Retreat Perfect Patio Realm of Magic Get Together Get to Work Tiny Living Blooming Rooms Cool Kitchen Get Famous Snowy Escape Eco Lifestyle Industrial Loft Cottage Living Jungle Adventure My Wedding Stories Parenthood Dining Out Island Living High School Years Spa Day Fitness Stuff Vibing Streamer Gear Digital Content
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel to Henford on Bagley, to Finchwick. I keep having different shopkeepers in the grocery stall, and different pub owners at the bar/pub. Have had (listed as) pub owners sitting and socializing at the bar that is tended by another. The grocery vendor changes with every visit to town. As for the multiselect in personal inventory, it happens every time I try to sell, so I can only do a single item at a time.
What happens when the bug occurs? Vendors change every time my sim goes to the bar or crocery vendor. If I try to sell multiple items using multiselect, I lose the items and get no simoleons.
What do you expect to see? I expect Sara Scott as the owner of the pub to be there at her job, and Kim Goldbloom at her grocery stall. I expect simoleons for items sold from personal inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the latest patch, date 7/26 I think?

and now I also have the multiple shopkeepers, owners, and other titled sims showing up.  (new) Also, multiselect is not working correctly to sell multiples of garden produce from personal inventory, takes the produce but gives zero simoleons. Have to sell one at a time.

Message 29 of 98 (1,015 Views)

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
How often does the bug occur? 100%
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions but HSL, all game backs but DHD and MWS. All stuff packs. Only kit is Decor to the Max.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a new save file and travel to Henford on Bagley. Visit one of the NPC spots, like the bar.
What happens when the bug occurs? The pre-determined service sim is replaced by a randomly generated NPC.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the sim that is supposed to be there. Ex: Sarah Scott for the Henford on Bagley pub.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? This is a new save that has never had any mods in it, I also deleted the cache before playing.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? It came with 1.90.358.1030.

Message 30 of 98 (1,002 Views)