Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Can Not Harvest/Plant new Meat Wall

by flotsette1

Original Post

Vertical planters don't give option for meat wall

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except star wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a vertical planter in HOB and click the planter to veiw the options
What happens when the bug occurs? The option to grow I can't believe it's not meat does not appear, even though my sim is maxed on gardening and both eco careers.
What do you expect to see? The option to grow a meat wall
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Cottage loving

Trying to grow a meat wall in Hanford on Bagley and the option doesn't appear. My sim is maxed on all skills and careers. I have tried repairing the game as well as uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing seems to work. 

Message 11 of 27 (1,597 Views)

★ Guide

So I just discovered I have this bug as well. I seldom play with the meat wall as I generally don't have vegetarian sims. I can massage the meat, water it, and that is pretty much it. I tried to cheat it to blossoming and nothing happened. 

I added a mod to allow meatwall for everyone to see if it made a difference and no go. There is no option for harvesting the meatwall. The one in my game has been fully grown for an entire sim year and no option shows up for harvest. 

I have all expansions and all DLCs and my game is fully patched. 

Message 12 of 27 (1,571 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I can agree here, I just can massage it but not harvest it. 

Message 13 of 27 (1,505 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same, I have had problems with the meat wall since Eco Lifestyle.  I did harvest some meat cubes at first, but later the option to harvest stopped being available. Perhaps that was because I quit the career, although that would be unexpected. In Henford on Bagley I wanted to grow meat again so I put my sim back in the career and he can plant the meat and massage it. However, when I was having him massage the meat just now, it reverted to its "half grown" state again. Does not seem promising.

Message 14 of 27 (1,422 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm pretty sure this was working correctly up until the pre-Cottage Living patch. I can't remember exactly when I last was playing a Sim with a meat wall, but it wasn't all that long ago. 

For those with questions about how it's supposed to work:

• You have to be in the career path to start the meat wall, but you can continue to harvest it after quitting.
  • No, it's not supposed to shrink when you massage it, though I had that happen too on the same meat wall I can't harvest in my current household
  • Typically takes a day and a half or so to grow, so you don't get to harvest daily but once it's full size it should be ready (but currently never is)

The Canning recipe for meat substitute lists meat cubes as a possible ingredient, but my simple living & meat wall Sims have not overlapped so I haven't tested whether that actually works. Maybe there's a second bug there?

Message 15 of 27 (1,395 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can't harvest or anything either.  Just massage or uproot. The only reason I even got this pack was for the meat wall. Buying this game has just as many glitches as torrenting it.  Can't believe I paid money for this.  

Message 16 of 27 (1,277 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Mods creator Robin has created an unofficial fix. 

Message 17 of 27 (1,242 Views)

★★ Novice
@NykoIaz Thank you for this. I was searching all over for an answer & yours worked.
Message 18 of 27 (1,121 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Yeah, I noticed this, too.  I have a Simple Living lot I thought this would be perfect for, and... nope. I wondered why it was never ready to harvest!

Message 19 of 27 (1,077 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@NykoIaz I've never used this before until recently, and my Sim could plant and massage it, but never harvest it. Today I found a weird bug in which my meat-eating Sim can massage it, but my vegetarian Sim cannot. Also, neither can harvest it, either.
Message 20 of 27 (997 Views)