Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Bits and Pieces Count reverts to Zero

by Theenaabeenaa

Original Post

Re: The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle: Bits and Pieces Count is Zero

Hero

There appears to be 2 issues going on with bits and pieces that I have found in my save.

1 - @BlackjackWidow  summed up the issue with the recycler and fabricator showing zeros very well.  Only thing I can add is that if you mouse over the household funds, the amount of bits and pieces will show there even when it shows zero on the machines so you can always see what you have.

2 - Second issue is that the bits and pieces disappear altogether and you really have none.  I had that happen when I moved a sim into a household to drop off some portraits I had forgotten when I split the original household and then moved him out again back to the original lot.  All the bits and pieces went with him it seems even though I transferred no money.  

On the dumpster diving.  I have noticed that there appears to be a cooldown on the dumpsters out in the EH world when you first load into a lot.  Options are all greyed out at first but later on in the day they will reappear.  I think this is probably by design to simulate dumpsters filling and being emptied during a day.  And how many times you can dumpster dive a particular dumpster seems to vary from day to day.

Hope this helps.

Message 21 of 34 (1,764 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict I have the same problem with bits and pieces gone after the update in September. Also I cannot buy Wax Block candles, the option in the purchase mode is gone. Anyone else have Wax Block gone too?
Message 22 of 34 (1,745 Views)

Hero
@PinkHyenaSims69 Best to make a separate thread for that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 34 (1,739 Views)

★ Guide

Also have the issue that Bits and Pieces show at the household funds but not at the mouse over the machines.

Message 24 of 34 (1,685 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@wildirishbansheeThis happened to me as well, so came inside this thread to second this.

No problem (so far) with building them up again, though.

Message 25 of 34 (1,667 Views)

★★ Guide
@SimmerCarl92 I came to look at bug reports because I'd noticed this when the new patch started.

However, for me even when they recycle anything, the recycler doesn't report what is there anymore. The eco friend can use the recycler and says he's going to give them. They flash by but when you mouse over the recylcler, it still says 0 bits and 0 pieces. And when I have my Sims recycle everything he can, again it flashes briefly off to the side that he should have them, but mousing over the recycler shows it still has 0 bits and 0 pieces.

I have all the packs except Spooky stuff and it was when the game was mod free (and the localthumbcache.package deleted before the game was updated.) And it started with the "Batuu" update on September 3.
Message 26 of 34 (1,645 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I am experiencing this too. My sims haven't moved or anything though. When I loaded the game back up after not playing for a few days, the two families I was recycling with had 0 bits and pieces and I know I did not use them all. Now I have to start again. When I go to craft something, the option to craft an item is grayed out saying I have no bits or pieces and when I hover over the simoleons/household funds panel, the recycler, and the fabricator, they all say I have none even though I should. I use no mods and did not cheat to get the bits and pieces but sometimes I use testing cheats for mood (especially when the energy bar was malfunctioning after Nifty Knitting.)

Edit: I just tried recycling again and now the amount in my household funds says the new number (even though my family had a lot more than this before it got reset) but hovering over the recycler or fabricator indeed does NOT reflect the accurate amount. I expect to see 28 bits (whichever the wrench is) and 326 pieces (whichever the banana peel is) like my household funds say but when hovering over these two objects, they erroneously indicate that I have 0.

I have all packs except some stuff packs and the recent game pack (Luxury Party, Cool Kitchen, Kids Room, Toddler, My First Pet, and Journey to Batuu).  

Message 27 of 34 (1,639 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My Bits & Pieces also reverted to 0 on my Fabricator & my recycler after the update. I have tried recycling more items and the number sits at 0. I can see I have bits & pieces when I hover over my money but they no longer show up on my items since the patch. I did not move my Sims. I have tried purchasing new ones and even starting a brand new game and they sit at 0 for these items. 

Message 28 of 34 (1,617 Views)

Sims bits and bobs not showing value

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all except the star wars pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure
What happens when the bug occurs? when i hoover over my sim's fabricator recycle bits and stuff is zero, even though she has recycled several things in her inventory.
What do you expect to see? bits and stuff number count
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim's bits and stuff is empty and she is unable complete her freelance marker jobs now. I've tried quitting and going to another job. I've moved her to another lot, tried recycling on another lot to see if that will work. and nothing works.

Message 29 of 34 (1,604 Views)

★★★ Guide
I also just had the issue where all the bits and pieces disappeared. After I had recently gone through inventory and recycled every extra thing the family owned. Very frustrating.
Message 30 of 34 (1,562 Views)