[OPEN] Duplicate (glitched) items after flea market purchase

by Ayradyss

Original Post

[OPEN] Duplicate (glitched) items after flea market purchase

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I've been getting some glitched duplicates of items in my inventories.  Usually it's the Personal Inventory, but sometimes also the Household Inventory.  These items appear to be in the inventory, but they cannot actually be removed from the inventory or interacted with in any way.

The most recent instance happened as follows:  Went to the flea market with Sim.  Bought two items.  (They were rare crystals.)  Returned home.  Items were in my Sim's personal inventory.  These I was able to place and interact with normally.  BUT . . .

Look in the Household inventory.  Same crystals that I purchased at the flea market are now appearing there. (The ones that I placed earlier from the personal inventory are still in their places on the lot -- they have not been moved/removed.)  Try to place one of these 'duplicate' crystals from the household inventory -- fails.  There is a small, brief floating error message:  Script call failed.

Trying to sell the duplicate crystals from the household inventory works -- but it sells off the actual crystals that are on the lot.  (Crystals disappear from actual placed locations on lot, disappear from household inventory, money received for the price of a single crystal.)  So you can get rid of the 'glitched' items this way, but then you no longer have the items at all.  Flea market purchase = futile.

There was a LastException.txt file generated from when I tried to sell the crystals.  Attached below.

Message 1 of 28 (5,433 Views)

Re: Duplicate (glitched) items after flea market purchase.

★ Guide

This seems to be a bug, i also have been getting this. 

Message 2 of 28 (5,333 Views)

Do you have any mods or CC (custom content)? Try taking that out.
See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content

Have you tried the cheats resetsim [first lastname] and inventory.purge (this one will empty your inventories fully, so take out what you want to keep)? 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 3 of 28 (5,328 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I also have this problem from the latest patch, I don't use any cc or mods. I bought MySims trophies at the flea market and they were duplicated in my Sims inventory and in the household inventory

Message 4 of 28 (5,324 Views)

Champion

I have had this happen every time I buy something from the Flea Market or in general any purchase from a community lot, such as a painting from an easel or collectibles from a sale table.

The items appear in the personal inventory of the sim who bought them and can be placed on the lot.

A duplicate appears in the household inventory also, but it still seems to be tied to the original object, as selling it from there also removes the original. Trying to place the duplicate results in a script call error popup.

Placing the original into the household inventory shows two of the same object now in a stack. You can sell the stack for double the price of the object and make a profit that way.

In some cases, I have been able to stack them in the household inventory, sell the items and the undo to retrieve one of them and make it functional again and placeable on the lot as intended with only one copy. I've really had to fiddle with it though for items I want to really keep like awesome paintings I bought from the Flea Market and don't want to lose.

No CC or mods.

This has been happening to me for as long as I recall and I've only had City Life since March 2017, so it's either been in since the 23 March patch or earlier and I only recently noticed.

Maybe related to the other bug where an item you purchase like paintings turn into ashes and you can clean them up and a duplicate may or may not still exist in the household inventory.

Message 5 of 28 (5,304 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Duplicate (glitched) items after flea market purchase

Hero

Added this as separate issue for now.

Don't know if it's related to the ashes issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 28 (5,257 Views)

Flea Market items are unretrievable from the inventory!

[ Edited ]
Champion

I had two different families purchase items from the Flea Market, and both times the purchased items were unable to be retrieved from the Family Inventory. Devil  Things bought were lamps, chairs, MYSims figurines, and rocks.  The first household to do this was a single woman.  Purchases from the Spice Festival were able to be used and/or retrieved from personal inventory, but not the items bought at the Flea Market, which included lamps and chairs which were in the Family Inventory in BuyMode!

The second was a family of 2 parents and a little girl.  All posters and snow globes and some rocks were retrievable (rocks might have been found in the snow globe box in this case): however, all rocks and items bought from the tables were not able to be moved out of family inventory!  The MySims figurines were purchased by the little girl, and were in her inventory.  They could not be dragged out of her inventory like a book or piece of fruit can.  The only option was to place in the world, where she proceeded to do so but nothing showed up!  I checked the Family Inventory and they were now located  there, but when I tried to place them her home, they would act like they were placed but then disappear with a red box saying something about a script that couldn't work! Wondering The other items (chairs, lamps, and rocks) were also bought by the same girl, but never showed up in her inventory, they just showed up in the Family inventory -- but the same thing happened that happened to the MySims figurines!

Since this has happened to 2 different Saved Games, I figure that something is wrong and a bug needs to be fixed.  I did a search but couldn't find anything on it.  I wonder if this has happened to anyone else?!?  Is there a way I can retrieve my items in-game?  Is it a known bug?  If not, then how do I alert the EA/Maxis or some Sims4 Official Person that this is a problem?

Thank you, Heart

PugLove888

Update I was able to get one chair out of the Family Inventory.  Also when the little girl placed the MySim figurines in the world she was in the bathroom, but they didn't show up, and now whenever anyone goes into the bathroom they get playful ... so, the figurines must be "stuck" somewhere in the bathroom, even though they are invisible! Shocked  While its nice to have the Mood benefit from these items, I would really like to see them and enjoy them myself! Also they still show up as if they are in the Family Inventory!!! The rocks are also still stuck in her  and her Dad's personal inventories, though!

Devil

Thank you again,

PugLove888

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 28 (5,271 Views)

Re: Flea Market items are unretrievable from the inventory!

Do you have any mods or CC (custom content)? Try taking that out.
See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 8 of 28 (5,249 Views)

Hero

Hi @PugLove888

I merged your post with existing bug report on the issue

@Phantomlover1717 for awareness

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 28 (5,244 Views)

Champion

I certainly do not have any Mods, and I don't think I have any CC, as I try to only download stuff without it, but there could have been a few items that they slipped in!  How do I find out if this is the case?

Thanks!

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 10 of 28 (5,233 Views)