[ARCHIVED] Drinks made by Perfectionist Sims don't display tooltip as of 1.20

by GothicSimmer

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] Drinks made by Perfectionist Sims don't display tooltip as of 1.20

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

There seems to be a bug introduced in version 1.20 where drinks made a by Perfectionist Sim doesn't display any drink info such as quality, what Sim created it, and the time until it spoils. I had tried making Meals and Ice Cream and neither of them had this problem with or without the Perfectionist Trait.

If the lot is reloaded (i.e., going to Manage Worlds) after the drink is made, the drinks made by Perfectionist Sims will display their tooltip.

Here's the thread about the bug in The Sims Forums. I'm using Windows 10 Pro with no mods installed.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted tag

Message 1 of 7 (1,603 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Drinks made in version 1.20 don't display tooltip

Hero (Retired)

I checked this and it's happening for me also.

Sims in the household:

A- My simself (created long ago)

B- A sim I added to the household from the gallery in v1.19.28 (I don't know when she was created)

C- A sim I just added to the household from the gallery (I don't know when she was created)

D- A sim I just created and added to the household (created with v1.20)

If sims A or B create a drink using a bar, the drink doesn't have its info.

If sims C or D create a drink, it works as usual.

Message 2 of 7 (1,532 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Drinks made in version 1.20 don't display tooltip

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (1,498 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Drinks made by Perfectionist Sims don't display tooltip as of 1.20

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It seems that the bug is caused by the Perfectionist Trait where drinks made by Sims with the trait do not display any drink info, any drink made a by non-Perfectionist Sim have their drinks display the tooltip. It looks like the problem remains in 1.22.

Initially I thought the bug was caused by having an older Sim but I later realized it's actually the Perfectionist Trait causing the issue. In 1.19, drinks made by Perfectionist Sims (in this case, Zoey and Ashley) displayed their drink info but as of 1.20, their drinks don't display any info.

If anyone doesn't have their Sims display any drink info, check if your Sim has the Perfectionist Trait.

Message 4 of 7 (1,448 Views)

Hero

THanks for the additional info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (1,431 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

This is still happening. I came here hoping to find out why my Sim's mixed drinks didn't have a tooltip for quality or anything else. Sure enough, my Sim is a Perfectionist.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP01, EP02, EP03, EP04, EP05, EP06, EP07, EP08, EP09, EP10. GP01, GP02, GP03, GP04, GP05, GP06, GP07, GP08, GP09. SP01, SP02, SP03, SP04, SP05, SP06, SP07, SP08, SP09, SP10, SP11, SP12, SP13, SP14, SP15, SP16, SP17, SP18. FP01.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Mix a drink using a Perfectionist Sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? The drink has no tooltip, making it impossible to tell its quality or how long until it goes bad.
What do you expect to see? A tooltip showing the drink's quality, creator, and time remaining before it spoils.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 6 of 7 (925 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Sketch793 Can you create a new report and fill out the template please? This one is very old and doesn't have it, and it would be good to have an updated post.
Message 7 of 7 (908 Views)