Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[OPEN] Downloaded lots still treated as former lot type

by WilliamVSims

Original Post

Re: Talent Showcase wrong lot

Hero

Hi @joyofliving37 

do you remember of the showcase was already scheduled when you changed the lot ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 44 (302 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi @crinrict,

No, the showcase was not scheduled before I changed the lot. I changed the lot a few months ago, and it was changed before I installed Get Famous.

Message 32 of 44 (299 Views)

Hero
If you changed it a few month ago, it could have something to do with this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Downloaded-Community-lots-still-treated-as-residential/...

Could you try if you still get them scheduled on those lots if you bulldoze the lot and re-place it with your build again ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 44 (294 Views)

Hero

I've added this for now but maybe you could try suggestion above @joyofliving37  ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 34 of 44 (273 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi @crinrict,

I did what you suggested and bulldozed the lots and placed the buildings again. There were talent showcases already scheduled at a restaurant that was previously the lounge in Oasis Springs, as well as the lounge lot in San Myshuno that I changed to a penthouse. The talent showcases are still scheduled for these lots after I bulldozed and placed them again. I’ll wait until these two showcases pass and see if they are continuously set at the restaurants and the penthouse.

Message 35 of 44 (263 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi @crinrict,

I let some time pass in the game after doing what you suggested. The talent showcases are still being scheduled at residential lots and restaurants that used to be lounge lots.

Message 36 of 44 (224 Views)

Hero
OK. Thanks for testing.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 44 (219 Views)

Social events at residential lots instead of social lots.

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Famous, Get To Work, Get Together, Seasons. Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, Vampires. Laundry Day Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens every time another sim calls me and invites me to a social event.
What happens when the bug occurs? It's putting me at the wrong lot type for the event.
What do you expect to see? The wrong lot type.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've replaced almost all of the default lots with ones I've created myself and changed the lot types to correlate with the new lots theme. For example. what previously was a bar lot, is now a residential lot. However, all in game bar events still are held at the old bar lot (which is now the new residential lot). There are other bar lots available for play but any social event trigger will always point to a now residential lot. This happens with several different types of social events too. The last one I had issues with was a charity event that took me to a house.

Is this a bug and is there a known fix for this? I've tried searching the forums and Google, but I've only seen one other person with this issue from April 2018 and they never posted a resolution. The problem is because it takes my sim to a residential lot instead of a social lot, it is impossible for my sim to complete any of the social event tasks, and I'm stuck at some random house for like 5 hours until the event is over. I have to fail almost every single social event that points to a residential lot, when it should be at a bar lot or nightclub lot.

Please help!

1.JPG2.JPG

Message 38 of 44 (220 Views)

Re: Social events at residential lots instead of social lots.

Hero

HI @Hellkittenn 

merged your post with existing thread on the issue

Please click me too on the first post

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 39 of 44 (233 Views)

Re: Social events at residential lots instead of social lots.

★★ Guide

Ever since Get Famous was released I have been having similar issues, with changed lots. In all of my saves pre Get Famous, the talent contest is help weekly at the Oasis Spring dust bowl, even though it does not have the lounge items needed. I placed the Dust Bowl on the old lounge lot and the even thought it says its a bar the game thinks it a lounge still.

Starting a new game it recognises the change but not on any game started before Get Famous, for me.

Message 40 of 44 (209 Views)

Need help?

We’re happy to help with your account, troubleshooting, and gameplay questions.

Contact us on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help