Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[OPEN] Downloaded lots still treated as former lot type

by WilliamVSims

Original Post

Re: owning non business lots? -The sims 4

★★★★ Novice
Thanks for checking it out! I really wish we could own all sorts of lots but I guess there's no hope at least for now...
Message 10 of 44 (676 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Downloaded Community lots still treated as residential

Hero

Hi  @WilliamVSims

are they also treated as npc owned businesses by the game for you as described in this thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/949890/townies-own-businesses#latest ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 44 (608 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yes, the household is also treated as the owner because when im in world overview I get the option to let them sell the business. (Thank you so much for the link! I almost thought i was the only 1 with this weird problem)

Message 13 of 44 (603 Views)

Hero

There have been reports on this before. I moved an older post into yours as well.

Going to add it as I've tested the save of the other user at the time. Hopefully it will be reproducible with your steps.

Thanks for the report.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 44 (461 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Do you think this problem will be patched? I see that my problem is the opposite of her problem because by my game community lots get treated as residential.

Happy Simming!

Message 15 of 44 (459 Views)

Re: Downloaded Community lots still treated as residential

[ Edited ]
Hero

I've forwarded the issue to QA.

They will need to figure out what's going on and hopefully it can get fixed soonish.

The underlying problem seems to be that lots keep their old status when you download something else unto it. The other thread I linked might also be connected.

EDIT: Also to answer your question: I try to document the status of a bug as far as I know it in the title. At first, if I read, it gets a [TO TEST] which basically means I'm gathering more info and try to repro myself. If it proves to be a real bug (as in this case), I will add it to the complied list. Since I'm not adding issues every day, it gets a [TO ADD]. Once I've added, I'm changing to [OPEN].

More info can also be found in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/td-p/3445107/jump-to/firs...

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 44 (451 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Oh ok! This is an off-topic question but before the title, there is standing [TO TEST] or [TO ADD] what does that mean? 

Message 17 of 44 (449 Views)

Hero
See my edit above (you're too fast :D)

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 44 (437 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Oh sorry! Standard smile Thank you for the Info link! So [OPEN] means that its an issue and it will probably be patched?

Message 19 of 44 (435 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I don't know if or when an issue will get patched. There's many factors to it and that's up to the devs to decide.

It basically means: It has been identified as a bug and been forwarded to QA for further investigation on how to handle. If it's an issue that affects many, it will probably get patched but as I don't work for EA, I can't really answer that questions.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 44 (426 Views)

Need help?

We’re happy to help with your account, troubleshooting, and gameplay questions.

Contact us on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help