Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Door can't intersect with walls under round roof w foundation

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except moschino stuff, my first pet stuff and bowling night stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? There are several ways, here's one: Build a house with a flat deck in front of it, and a door leading out onto the deck. Put a round roof on the house so that the edge of the roof is right above the door. Raise the house so that it gets a foundation.
What happens when the bug occurs? The door disappears and can't be put back again. It just says "can't intersect with walls" when I try to put the door in place.
What do you expect to see? The door to stay where it is, or to be able to put a door there.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It seems like doors or windows can't be placed right under the edge of a round roof in houses with raised foundations. When you try to place the door/window it says "can't intersect with walls".

If a house without a foundation has doors or windows on walls right under the edge of the round roof, the doors and windows disappear when you change the foundation height to anything except the ground level or the height just above ground level.

The example in the screenshot shows a door leading out onto the porch. The same goes for doors within the house, if the edge of the round roof happens to be right above the door.

Placing doors and windows works as it should with any other shape of roof, or if the edge of the round roof isn't right above the door/window or if the house doesn't have a foundation.

Workaround: Use the "bb.moveobjects on" cheat, or raise the foundation and place the doors and windows before placing the roof. The doors and windows disappear only when you adjust the foundation height.

EDIT by Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Shortened tittle to fit

roundbug.png

Message 1 of 10 (28,370 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Door can't intersect with walls under round roof w foundation

Hero

Doors can now be placed on the wall under circular roofs.

Fixed in Patch 1.99.264/1.78

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (1,541 Views)

All Replies

Re: Door "can't intersect with walls" under edge of round roof in hous

@MrsNHP

How about with the medium and tall wall heights, does it still happen? With small doors and height appropriate doors.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 10 (28,286 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It still happens with medium and tall walls and any door height on these. However, you can raise the foundation higher if you have a taller wall, especially if the door isn't the maximum height for the wall (small door on medium wall etc).

Windows disappear too, as I mentioned earlier. I haven't tried all sizes and placements of windows on all wall heights, but it's easy to reproduce with a simple house like the one in the screenshot so I assume that the devs can check it out for themselves if they need to  Standard smile 

Message 3 of 10 (28,252 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Door can't intersect with walls under round roof w foundation

★★★★ Apprentice

Crinrict, you tagged this as "needs input", but I think I have already answered the question (about tall and medium walls) Standard smile Or was there something else missing?

Message 4 of 10 (28,177 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@MrsNHP Please refer to this thread what the tags mean: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/3445297#M83544

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (28,152 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue now that Snowy Escape is out. I'm trying to put two doors in a room attached to different platforms. Each platform is only one step different in height, and enough spaces wide that the doors should not touch each other with bb.moveobjects off. As soon as I have placed one door though, I get the error "door can't intersect with walls" for any additional door. This does not seem to be a problem for rooms on the same level or rooms with only one door. I have tried with all three wall heights, different doors and different door sizes, but still get the error. I do not have a roof on my build yet.

I went to look at the build and it turned out that the ceiling appeared to be on, but was not. When I selected the effected rooms and clicked on "build ceiling" the problem righted itself. 

I've never had mods or custom content for sims though.

Message 6 of 10 (27,069 Views)

★★★ Novice

This solved the issue for me. Set it to medium. It was on small for some reason.

Message 7 of 10 (25,907 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@MrsNHP In my game this happens with all wall heights with circle walls, roof or no roof this glitch still happens. Regardless of the shape of the room too
Message 8 of 10 (2,796 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I can confirm this still happens in 2023, how annoying. It happens exactly as described, when you raise foundations and place specifically a round roof, you will not be able to place doors or windows on that roofed section, REGARDLESS of window/door size or height of the walls (I tried it all). You may only be able to place the smallest of available windows depending on how much you raised your foundations and even that may be possible only on the very bottom of your walls. I have unfortunately not found a proper solution other than just giving up on circular roofs - I just settle for a different rooftop style depending on the build.

Message 9 of 10 (2,154 Views)

Hero

Doors can now be placed on the wall under circular roofs.

Fixed in Patch 1.99.264/1.78

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,542 Views)