Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Dislike thought bubble during positive romantic interactions

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Batuu and Snowy Escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim in a romantic relationship perform successful romantic behaviors.
What happens when the bug occurs? One or both of the sims have the thought bubble with their partner's face and the red circle with a line through it.
What do you expect to see? When a sim likes what another sim is doing, they shouldn't be thinking they don't like that sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 2020 patch

I have a sim who's been in two different romantic relationships. Romantic interactions from holding hands to proposing have resulted in the thought bubble that the other sim doesn't like her (see below). All these interactions have been successful. Her husband had that thought bubble below while trying on the ring after saying yes to her proposal.

Dislike Thought Bubble

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to fit

Message 1 of 15 (8,786 Views)

Accepted Solution

Betreff: [OPEN] Dislike thought bubble during positive romantic interactions

Hero

Ever had a friend who said they liked something but really they didn’t and their face showed it? We felt the same with Sims that even though they liked things they had the “dislike” thought bubbles. So we made some adjustments and now their thoughts match a bit better with their feelings into what they say they like or dislike. Honesty is the best policy.

Fixed in Patch 1.82.99/1.50

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 15 of 15 (6,308 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims get the dislike thought bubble during positive romantic interactions

Hero
@MisplacedMel Do they have any sentiments ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (8,771 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Happened to me too, and no they didn't have sentiment! It doesn't impact my game but it's a bit odd!
Message 3 of 15 (8,752 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I can't remember if Johnny was single and loving it, and I had to start a new save so I can't check.

He did have this moodlet come up around the time of that screenshot:

Special Connection.png

and he felt deeply connected to her.

Sentiments.png

Message 4 of 15 (8,704 Views)

Hero
@MisplacedMel That would more justify a positive thought bubble .. one would think :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 15 (8,685 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Dislike thought bubble during positive romantic interactions

★ Guide

This happened to my sim, but it was not just successful romantic socials. It was alsot friendly conversation. There were no sentiments that I recall, but the freindship and romance bar was rising and they seemed to be having a pleasant chat. I've had it where both my sim and the sim they are talking to get this negative thought bubble.

Message 6 of 15 (8,680 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [OPEN] Dislike thought bubble during positive romantic interactions

★★★★★ Guide

I keep getting this dislike thought bubble all the time as well. In all conversations even when the sims are friends.

Message 7 of 15 (8,183 Views)

★ Guide

My sims keep getting this thought bubble as well but it’s not just with each other, it’s with friends as well. I thought maybe it was just because they were disagreeing with what they were talking about in conversation but then they have positive sentiments.

Message 8 of 15 (8,178 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Same problem here. It's quite annoying to be honest. 

Message 9 of 15 (8,140 Views)

★ Guide

The thought bubble is for not getting a sentiment, I'm 99% sure. Like there was a chance for a sentiment, and the dice rolled against it.

Message 10 of 15 (8,133 Views)