by Hroun_88

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Dishes being ignored when cleaning up

★★ Novice

Yeah I have this too...

Message 31 of 65 (1,953 Views)

Hero

Is anyone still seeing this after the patch ?

@Jordan_061102 @Hroun_88 @keiraskyler @alanmichael1 @kaixstone

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 65 (1,887 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am experiencing this at the moment. No mods; game is updated and I have get famous along with all the EP's and a few game packs and stuff packs.. 

Altbough I rarely noticed it before but only because I have been using straight/non-diagonal houses but now I have a diagonal house and the chairs are all diagonally placed. I read somewhere that it might cause the issue but I don't really know...

Message 33 of 65 (1,879 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I'll keep an eye out when I get some time to play and edit this post to let you know.

Message 34 of 65 (1,863 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This happens to me on all lots, across all saves. Has been happening through a couple of packs now. And only to active Sims (and I think maids and butlers?  Hard to tell, they were already pretty useless). The SimRay was my great solution for a long time -- I would use it to influence another Sim who was visiting the lot to clean the dishes so they would go pick them all up. 

Message 35 of 65 (1,837 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Just since the November 20 hotfix - I've always directed one Sim to clean up all dishes (by clicking on all the dishes that need cleaning up) to avoid having some left behind. Now, they gather each dish I've clicked on, but instead of putting them in the dishwasher, they dump the pile on the table. I have to tell them to take the dishes to the dishwasher. They seem to forget what they're supposed to do with the dishes once they gather them all.

No cc or mods, but I do have the table and chairs at an angle (the rest of the house is squared with the lot). The problem is definitely new since the hotfix - my Sims have never been reliable about cleaning up all dishes; that's why I order one Sim to do it. It's not a huge bug, since they will clean it up when I issue a new order. It's just a bit gross to have that pile of mouldy dishes on the table.
Message 36 of 65 (1,819 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I started getting this exact problem only a few days ago. I first thought it was just a one off thing or that my sim was tired, but it's been consistently happening for days now 100% of the time and it's really, really grating. :/

Message 37 of 65 (1,792 Views)

★★ Guide

just noticed that my sims won't clean empty plates that have been left on half walls or shelves.

They will gather them but leave the pile on the shelf or half wall  

Message 38 of 65 (1,737 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Recently I have the problem that my Sims often do not clean up the dishes but store them on a lower table (coffee table). They sometimes fail to clean them up, too. I already tried to change the coffee table but the problem was still occurring.

Message 39 of 65 (1,643 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Mine like to do this as well, even if they're standing right next to an unused (and clean) counter, even if the target is room(s) away. It's weird. My only "saving grace" (aside from clicking&dragging them myself) is to get a sim to "load dishwasher". Which can be a bit time-consuming at times.
It's a minor issue for me, though.
Message 40 of 65 (1,621 Views)