Re: [OPEN] Dishes being ignored when cleaning up

by Mrs_Bloody_NL

Original Post

★ Guide

I have the same problem. Dishes not being cleaner. 

Got rid of the microwave and change dishwasser, also changed it to a different location  but no luck. 

Message 41 of 65 (1,595 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have a similar but not identical issue, I wonder if I should make a separate post about it?

While the dishes aren't dirty, as in - no green gas coming out of them, my sims will not only not clean them up autonomously (even a neat sim), but I don't even have the option to order them to do so! It just appears greyed out with the "no sinks or trashcans" message. After they get "smelly", U can clean them up as normal, but the sims will only clean up one dish at a time for some reason (again, even a neat sim).

dishes.png

Message 42 of 65 (1,531 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This is a Sim ownership issue it insures that other sims won't get the food the sim is eating if they place it down for some reason.  You must wait until the plate of food goes bad before you can claim it to move it to the dishwasher or trash.  This is most common at parties and even when the buttler makes a meal.  If the plate is owned by the service sim household any service sims can pick it up.  I also noticed it with a pile of trash outside my lot.  They where taking the trash out and the party ended so they dropped the trash

Message 43 of 65 (1,508 Views)

Hero

HI @WaffleBee 

I did some testing on this and I can't really duplicate the not cleaning up when no stench.  I do get that message from time to time but usually moving the dish a bit or just trying again solves it for me. 

Does it happen every single time for you ? Is this for your family or for dishes that non-household members used ? Does it matter how long you leave them ?

I tried a party and a family meal.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 65 (1,491 Views)

Message 45 of 65 (1,393 Views)

[XB1] Sims won't clean dishes

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? idk not near my console right now
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have multiple dishes arround the house/room an tell a sim to either clean them up or to fill dishwasher
What happens when the bug occurs? this happend both in a restaurant and at a sims home, multiple dirty dishes arround I instructed my sim to "clean up" and they would sometimes take just one plate and immidiately set it down again or even take a few and just set them down, also happens when I select the dishwasher to "fill dishwasher".
What do you expect to see? my sims to collect and either clean the dishes or put them in the washer.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I started noticing this after the latest patch for xb1.

Message 46 of 65 (1,377 Views)

Re: [XB1] Sims won't clean dishes

Hero
@ra7orrat I merged this with the PC thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 47 of 65 (1,356 Views)

Sims won't clear all empty plates at once?

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Get together, Seasons, City Living, Discover University, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Vampires, Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Bowling Night, Movie Hangout, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have 3 sims eat together and leave their empty plates on the table.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim won't clear all plates at once (tested on my two other sims and the same thing happened)
What do you expect to see? Sims clearing all the empty plates at once again.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have been playing the game for days and the sims in my game would usually clear all the empty plates at once. However, today they changed and started clearing one plate only. I had to queue up several "clean" actions on all the empty plates in order for my sim to clear all of them. Sometimes, when my sims have the ''clean up'' action automatically queued up they would clean 2 out of 3 empty plates at once. But when I do have to press "clean" on the plates they would only clear one. I've tried resetting sim, making them travel to another lot and come back, move them in and out of their house, repairing the game, and making sure the game is updated but it's no use. Does anyone know how to fix this? 

Message 48 of 65 (1,072 Views)

Re: Sims won't do dishes

★ Guide

I don't have any half walls in this particular house and it was happening since before I installed the ladder.  Every time my sims put the dishes down on certain surfaces, in front of the middle chairs on the dining table or on the coffee table, nobody cleans them.  

I don't know how to submit a save since I'm on Xbox One.

Message 49 of 65 (1,072 Views)

Re: Sims won't do dishes

Hero
@PenguinFoop Did you check if there's any on shelves ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 65 (1,058 Views)