by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Dishes being ignored when cleaning up

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Cool Kitchen, Spooky Stuff, Bowling Night, Toddler Stuff and Cats and Dogs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim finish their meal and autonomously clean it with a dishwasher or sink.
What happens when the bug occurs? When a sim finishes a meal, they'll only clean the plate they were eating from and ignoring other empty dishes on the lot.
What do you expect to see? The sim picks up other empty dishes and puts them in the dishwasher or cleans them in a sink.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Maids function fine and will pick up all empty/dirty dishes. Active sims however, do not.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 65 (12,460 Views)

Re: Dishes being ignored when cleaning up

Hero

Haven't played to day but that seemed to work fine when I play tested before pets release. 

Did you duplicate that with multiple sims on multiple lots ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 65 (12,268 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I've managed to duplicate it across separate save files, multiple lots and multiple sims that included those with the Neat trait. It seems they'll only grab other dishes if they have begun to rot, but if the dish has been eaten by another sim recently, it's ignored.

Message 3 of 65 (12,261 Views)

Hero

OK. Thanks. I'll do some more testing then. It's possible that mine were rotten.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 65 (12,256 Views)

Hero

I've added this.

My Sim did the same with the 100000 glasses she left standing around so assume it would also happen for dishes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 65 (12,238 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Might be a separate issue, but toddler food items such as bottles/sippy cups and dishes on the highchairs are also usually ignored. Active Sims will also only pick sippy cups up one at a time and wash them in a sink rather than stack them with other dirty dishes/sippy cups if ordered to.

Also yes, my sims seem to love their tap water and leaving the glasses in all sorts of places.

Message 6 of 65 (12,232 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

My sims also ignore glasses and items on the high chair 100% of the time. I'm not entirely certain about plates. 

Message 7 of 65 (12,213 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Dishes being ignored when cleaning up

★★★★★ Apprentice

It does that for me too, my sims very often clean dishes one by one. Sometimes they will grab them all, then glitch and drop everything.Very often, though, they finish eating and only clean their plates. Annoying !!

Message 8 of 65 (12,192 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same for me since C&D, they didn´t clean autonomously anymore, when I tell them to do they take the one I clicked on and ignore the others. 

Message 9 of 65 (12,160 Views)

★★ Expert

when they visit another Sim, even when having the Neat trait, they always leave the dishes and glasses around. when directed to, the glasses are washed one by one. when at their household, they will often leave empty dishes around -and especially glasses- until they start to smell.

Message 10 of 65 (12,120 Views)