[OPEN] Disappearing Ceiling (Glass Roof)

by Waterwoman1987

Original Post

[OPEN] Disappearing Ceiling (Glass Roof)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a room with ceiling and try to edit the ceiling (placing floor/ friezes/ objects)
What happens when the bug occurs? Ceiling disappears and can't be edited or deleted. You can't place any objects on it, the grid is there tho.
What do you expect to see? No disappearing ceilings
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch 13.11.18

Just to let you all know - i never experienced a problem like that in the past, first time was after the release of the latest Patch ( 13.11.18)

I've build my house in Del Sol Valley (The Pinnacles) 50 x 40 lot on the left side.

In the beginning i had no problem building rooms with functional ceiling but after a while i recognized while zooming in that the ceiling of some areas keep disappearing. 

I tired by deleting the ceiling or even the whole room to get ride of that problem but it's coming back for no reason. Tested if it's a problem with the new Get Famous friezes or floors i used for this build but on an other lot i can't get to the same result. 

(I saw someone else with this problem but she could solve it by simple changing the Get Famous floors/ friezes to base game floors/ friezes - but it's not working for me) 

I attached a before and after zooming in picture of my porch area.

Additional im my video you can see what's happening after deleting the whole room and rebuild a room on the same spot - still can't edit the ceiling: 

Best wishes,

Tanja

Message 1 of 66 (9,948 Views)

Re: Disappearing Ceiling

Hero (Retired)

@Waterwoman1987 I'm not seeing this issue on that lot in my game, but you mentioned that it was working okay for you in the beginning, which leaves a big question mark as to how/when it popped up.  Could you attempt to reproduce it again from scratch and tell me the exact steps that you took to get the problem to occur (i.e. just work with one or two rooms and try to keep it as simple as possible)?  Have you tried the "Build Ceiling" option (when you click on the room and then the yellow bar, it should be an option if the ceiling is missing - you can delete the ceiling and then replace it via this option)?  Another thing I can try is to test the build you have created in my game and see if it has the same issue.  If you'd like to do that, just upload it to the Gallery (you could call it something like "Test Missing Ceiling" and tag me here when it's available.

Message 2 of 66 (9,829 Views)

★★ Novice

I have a similar issue. I built a round floor (with 4 of the quarter circle stamps in build mode (b) ), then copied that floor and placed it over it, so I have the base of a pagoda, Now, if you add spandrels to the lower circle, flying half colums of the spandrel appear on the upper floor? You also can't add trims to the upper floor/ceiling plus put a different floor on it, like OP said.

Message 3 of 66 (9,807 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Tried everything from reproducing to deleting the ceiling with the "build-remove ceiling" option but nothing.

I would love to show you the lot and hope you'll find the problem at least - here is the my house LINK

It's the whole porch side in the back and the garage on the left.

Thanks for your quick help Standard smile

Message 4 of 66 (9,803 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I was experiencing this on my house built next to the 50x40 lot. At a certain angle and close to the house with the walls up, the ceiling disappeared. It wasn't permanent though but my house is a single story. It doesn't use columns, spandrels, friezes, or trim. Zoomed in:

11-20-18_7-48-07 PM.png

Moved out further:

TS4_x64 2018-11-20 19-48-10.png

Message 5 of 66 (9,793 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@peacemaker_ic what flooring did you used for the affected area?

Message 6 of 66 (9,773 Views)

★★ Novice

oh yes i just notice this bug as well ! 

in my case its happens at the park lot

here in Del Sol Valley ! 

i didnt use any CC for it ! 

Message 7 of 66 (9,722 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Nothing, its just the default concrete "Construction-Quality Concrete."

Message 8 of 66 (9,688 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Disappearing Ceiling

★ Apprentice

I just experienced this bug last night while trying to build on the 50x50 lot in Newcrest. I have every Stuff, Game, and Expansion pack except Get Famous right now. The rooms on the first floor have invisible ceilings just as you describe. I can select the room and go up one level to see the yellow outline and when I click that it only gives me the option to "Remove ceiling". That means the room supposedly has a ceiling. This goes further than a simple render glitch though. I found that I cannot place any object on top of rooms with the invisible ceiling. I tried to place a flat square room on top of the invisible ceiling room and it wouldn't let me. I then found if I placed the upper room on the corner of the lower room so it was sitting on the walls then I could place the room. Then if I pull and stretch the upper room so it matches the dimensions of the lower room the floor disappears! I also could not place any object on that upper room. I then tried placing a fully enclosed square room on top of the lower room with the invisible ceiling and it wouldn't let me. Once again, if I placed it on a corner where two walls meet it would let me place the enclosed room on top of the lower invisible ceiling room. But, when I reshaped the upper room to match the lower room the floor disappeared and I could not place any object in that room. Anything I tried to place in that upper room just got placed in the room below it.

I don't recall having this issue before the emergency patch that fixed the CAS aging. Maybe there needs to be an emergency patch for the emergency patch since this glitch pretty much breaks building anything more than a one story house.

Message 9 of 66 (9,641 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Disappearing Ceiling

★★★ Apprentice
omg - that's exactly what happend to me like i said and i can't figure out why it keeps happening Frown
Message 10 of 66 (9,611 Views)