[OPEN] Disappearing Ceiling (Glass Roof)

by Waterwoman1987

Original Post

Re: Closed rooms not registering as closed

★★★ Novice

Hi, Thank you very much, I finished the second floor on the previously unfinished building just now and while I was able to close the room thanks to the flooring trick you showed me, placing roofing to the sides of the room is also glitchy still, which might be due to the whole issue of the flooring/ceiling disappearing as well. The roofing only registers on the second floor when 2/3 tiles are inside the room. It's not too much of a hassle with some readjusting of the sizing, but I thought it's something you should know as well. Attaching some screenshots of the issue. 

Message 41 of 66 (1,230 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Astaraya That is strange. I just tried adding that roof (as in your screenshots) onto the building and found the same thing in my game. Thanks for adding the information as this may also help when they are working on the bug. 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 42 of 66 (1,218 Views)

Champion

@Astaraya We were wondering if you would have a look at this thread and see if you think this is the issue you are facing. I know that thread is a mixture, and a bit overwhelming. I am also wondering if, since yours has other dynamics and has nothing to do with the stilt flooring or glass floor tiles, if you may want to just file your own, separate bug report. Let us know, as if you like we can merge your post with this other bug report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-IL-Floors-disappearing-on-water-lots-with-glass-floors/m-...

Message 43 of 66 (1,177 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, This other thread does sound similar to what I'm experiencing but there are also factors that make mine different since I don't have any stilt foundations or glass dance floors on the lot or the Island Living pack. I think perhaps that it would be better to file a separate bug report. Thanks. Standard smile 

Message 44 of 66 (1,177 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Astaraya That would be fine. Please go ahead and create your bug report and tag me so that I see it. We can then merge this thread into the bug report so that our tests and chats are included in the report for reference. Thank you for your patience!

File a Bug Report herehttps://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Message 45 of 66 (1,176 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT] Closed rooms on second floor not registering closed

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get Together, Vampires, Laundry Day, Romantic Garden, free holiday stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I was working on the Hound's Head lot in Brindleton Bay, and towards the back of the lot I built a 11x9 room and then built a 7x9 room on top with 2 tiles empty on either side of it. (I have the lot I was working on uploaded to the gallery titled glitch test under the same username, Astaraya)
What happens when the bug occurs? The bottom room doesn't register as a room or closed and the floor/ceiling of the bottom floor sometimes disappears when you turn the camera at a certain angle or when I'm hovering over items with my mouse in the catalog. When I try to eyedropper the floor in the room on the upper level or place things in the room, they register as being on the bottom floor instead of the upper floor. When the room is closed due to changing the flooring of the room, roofing still has a problem being able to be put to the side of the room an doesn't register until 2/3 tiles of the roofing are hovered inside the closed room.
What do you expect to see? I should be able to close the room on the second floor and be able to put objects, etc. inside the second floor and roof as well.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please refer to the thread in the Technical Issues forum I had with @SheriGR. Thanks. 

Message 46 of 66 (1,183 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Closed rooms on second floor not registering closed

Hero
@Astaraya I merged your posts.

Also had to shorten your title a bit to fit in a tag :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 47 of 66 (1,165 Views)

@Astaraya 

The problem is caused by the glass roof you have:

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 48 of 66 (1,139 Views)

Hero
@Astaraya SO it's actually the same as this ? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Disappearing-Ceiling/m-p/7182946#M79768

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 49 of 66 (1,117 Views)

★★★ Novice

omg yeah pretty much i guess! 

Message 50 of 66 (1,096 Views)