Re: Closed rooms not registering as closed

by crinrict

Original Post

Highlighted

Hero
@Astaraya Merged your thread into the other then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 66 (1,111 Views)

★★ Guide

I just observed the same issue in my game. :/  I moved the build mode camera zooming in/out and the tops of built rooms disappeared/reappeared. The default construction quality concrete is used on the tops of the rooms and there is a transparent roof on the lot, but it is not connected to the structure having issues.

Message 52 of 66 (1,066 Views)

ceiling keeps acting like its not there

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except: real of magic, strangerville and moschino stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i dont know
What happens when the bug occurs? ceiling keeps disappearing when live and build mode and in build mode unable to put floor tiles on. ceiling only visible on certain angles. and lighting effects acting like no ceiling
What do you expect to see? normal ceiling
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

https://i.imgur.com/wqx5uHg.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/yzsigaL.jpg

Message 53 of 66 (1,104 Views)

Re: ceiling keeps acting like its not there

Hero
@runotytto DO you have any glass roofs in your build ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 66 (1,067 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

yes not on the main building but in the greenhouse

Message 55 of 66 (1,050 Views)

Hero
@runotytto We have this thread on disappearing ceilings: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Disappearing-Ceiling/td-p/7182946

Do you feel yours is the same ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 56 of 66 (1,044 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

its seems to be the same issue

Message 57 of 66 (1,034 Views)

Hero
@runotytto Merging your thread then.

Thanks for confirming

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 58 of 66 (1,022 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Disappearing Ceiling

★★ Novice

OK I'm extremely new to all this so sorry in advance if I'm doing this wrong. I'm a new to sims in general, so yeah...anyways I've experienced this bug in the past when I first started playing about a year ago almost I was in brindleton bay building on hounds end when it first happened out of frustration I stopped playing and later on just made a new game, I ended up deleting that save file. Never experienced the issue again until today when I built on that same lot (today's date October 30th 2019) I have the most recent update and all the major expansions, and game packs aside from 4 stuff packs (bowling, toddler, kid, and ice cream) so I think I figured out what caused the issue for me I had a glass roof on my greenhouse bottom floor, essentially it makes the rest of the lot act like all of the roofs/balcony floors act like they have clear roofs when they dont. I tried moving lots to see if that would fix it but it didn't alas I had to remove the glass roof and the issue stopped. 

Message 59 of 66 (921 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Disappearing Ceiling

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've pressed "Me Too" because I have the same issue on The Pinnacles lot in Del Sol Valley. On at least one floor, the ceiling is invisible from the inside of the room. I saw Crin's note about glass roofs. There are glass roofs on the lot, in the glasshouse. I tried removing those and instantly the invisible ceiling disappeared / the ceiling became visible as expected. 

Interesting to note this has been an active bug for over a year. I'm on version 1.59.73.1020. 

Message 60 of 66 (841 Views)