Re: [TO TEST] Disappearing Ceiling

by BryonyRae

Original Post

Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

Okay, folks, sorry I wasn't able to get back to this one for a while.  You've given me more information to go on, so I'll get to testing and see if I can duplicate it now.  Thanks!

Message 11 of 66 (1,955 Views)

Re: Disappearing Ceiling

★★★★ Novice

Using the "Construction-Quality Concrete." seems to be making my floor disappear when I zoom as well.

Message 12 of 66 (1,924 Views)

EA Staff

Hi there!

Can someone experiencing this issue upload the lot to the gallery or send us the save file?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

We were unable to repro this at our end.

Thank you very much! :D

Message 13 of 66 (1,898 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi!

I had the same problems with my ceiling disappearing when i was zooming in... 

I tried some options, and i think the glitch happens when you put a glass roof on top of a ceiling... it doesn’t happen when you put a normal type of roof...

I don’t know if that can help, but i tried at least.

Good luck finding a solution to this glitch. Standard smile

Message 14 of 66 (1,887 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi @SimGuruIcarus , 

of course - here is my lot via LINK. If you need any more information just let me know. 

Thanks!

Message 15 of 66 (1,869 Views)

★ Novice

This is also happening to me on every lot in every world. I cant build anything even happening with my stairs. I have seen other people complaining about it on a sim fan page on fb. Ive tried everything. 

Please help ! 

Message 16 of 66 (1,844 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am having this exact same problem now only part of my ceiling is visible and part of it isn't. the only option i also get is remove ceiling. i've messed with it but nothing changes = it won't let me extend the ceiling to cover the other rooms but it will let me copy the room .. i can put a roof on, and stretch it to fit, but i can't add trim to it - it also isn't showing where i added foundation trim. i have made a few houses and i have re-worked a bunch of them but i've never had this kind of problem before. HELP! I want to finish my house lol. thanks.

Message 17 of 66 (1,800 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

more or less fixed; now to just figure out how to keep roof eaves from overlapping.

Message 18 of 66 (1,791 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I still have not been able to duplicate this issue in my game, but as there have been several reports of it and since a SimGuru has asked for files for the issue, I'm going to go ahead and add it to our list.  If any of you are ever able to provide steps that should reproduce the issue for any player, please tag me with them.  Thanks!

Message 19 of 66 (1,747 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I will as soon as possible but for now I can't find a proper way showing how it appears.
Let`s hope the Gurus gonna find the reason for it because i'm still getting new reports from players.
Message 20 of 66 (1,726 Views)