by FinalBossNyuma

Original Post

[OPEN] Difficulty selecting a resized (larger) rug

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Game Packs - Jungle Adventure, Dine out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat Stuff Packs - My First Pet Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put down a rug Size up. Attempt to change the color or move the rug by clicking on edge of newly enlarged rug. Clicking anywhere out side of the rugs original boundary causes it to not register that you're even clicking it.
What happens when the bug occurs? It selects the floor or room below the rug.
What do you expect to see? I expect it to let me change color or move the rug.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When you put a rug down and resize it larger you can't select the rug or resize it by clicking out side of the original boundary/edge size of the rug.

Message 1 of 8 (1,780 Views)

Re: Resizing Rug Larger - Can't select outside of rug original size

Hero (Retired)

Hi, @kelam_2002.  I can reproduce this behavior in my game as well.  I'm going to mark this thread as needing more input, since the behavior has to do with a cheat, that is technically not supported.  If enough people click on "Me Too" it might get looked addressed.

Message 2 of 8 (1,709 Views)

Re: Resizing Rug Larger - Can't select outside of rug original size

★ Guide

This happens in my game too.

@BryonyRae wrote:

Hi, @kelam_2002.  I can reproduce this behavior in my game as well.  I'm going to mark this thread as needing more input, since the behavior has to do with a cheat, that is technically not supported.  If enough people click on "Me Too" it might get looked addressed.

Does it fully count as a cheat? I've been able to resize items without entering any commands. I'm using a German keyboard though (I resize with shift+ß and ´), so I don't know if it is intended to be this way ^^;

Message 3 of 8 (1,683 Views)

Sized Up Bug after Base Game Update

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Strangerville, Tiny Living, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, My First Pet Stuff, Jungle Adventure, Laundry Day Stuff, City Living, Parenthood, Get Together, Fitness Stuff, Get To Work, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Perfect Patio Stuff, Holiday Celebration and Moschino Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a sized-up rug on the floor before today’s base game update - I used the zebra rug sized up once. After the update, the game isn’t recognising it as an object to be picked up.
What happens when the bug occurs? The rug can’t be clicked on to do anything to it. I don’t know if it’s just because it’s sized up, because normal size rugs work.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to click on the rug so I can move/delete it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.63.133.1020 base game update today, 03/06/20, caused this.

Photo attached. The arrow should be a hand, so you can grab the item. It’s just not recognising the rug as an object.

Message 4 of 8 (1,478 Views)

Re: Sized Up Bug after Base Game Update

Hero
@GeordieJLK Sounds like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Resizing-Rug-Larger-Can-t-select-outside-of-rug/td...

Is that what you're seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (1,476 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes, that’s it.

I’ve never had a problem doing it before, just since today’s base game update.

Message 6 of 8 (1,455 Views)

Hero
@GeordieJLK Merged your thread then

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (1,436 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Difficulty selecting a resized (larger) rug

★ Guide
@kelam_2002 I experience this on console, as well, & thought that the rugs’ hit box remaining the same size may actually be intentional.

I can’t remember when I first encountered this glitch, but I’ve had this happen for at least the past year to two years, certainly.
Message 8 of 8 (1,307 Views)