Re: [OPEN] Design Tool cannot be used on Tiny Teacher Nesting Blocks

by SproutLee

Original Post

[OPEN] Design Tool cannot be used on Tiny Teacher Nesting Blocks (and more)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Purchase and place the Tiny Teacher Nesting Blocks in the game. Attempt to use the Design Tool on them to select a different color option. You will receive the message that "The Design Tool cannot be used on the object."
What happens when the bug occurs? Tiny Teacher Nesting Blocks have multiple palette objects but do not allow use of the Design Tool once placed. Other like objects with multiple palettes do not have this issue.
What do you expect to see? Ability to use the Design Tool on the object.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Design Tool does not work on Tiny Teacher Nesting Blocks.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title

Message 1 of 10 (2,852 Views)

Re: Design Tool cannot be used on Tiny Teacher Nesting Blocks

★ Guide

For the longest time I haven't noticed that the Nesting Blocks have multiple swatches because I couldn't use the design tool on them. And it's still not fixed.

Message 2 of 10 (2,656 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Design Tool cannot be used on Tiny Teacher Nesting Blocks

★★★★ Guide
I've also noticed this issue with the mannequins from GTW. Wondering if that's by design?
Message 3 of 10 (2,637 Views)

Can't use design tool on nesting blocks and doctor playset

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.93.146.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place nesting blocks or one of the nesting blocks first Then use the design tool (R) in the upper bar.
What happens when the bug occurs? Selecting another swatch is impossible
What do you expect to see? That I can select another swatch
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hello,

I've noticed that I can't select another swatch by using the design tool on nesting blocks and both doctor playsets.

I know it is a minor problem but annoying to me nonetheless. It is sloppily implemented by EA, in my opinion.

design tool impossible.png

Message 4 of 10 (1,828 Views)

Re: Can't use design tool on nesting blocks and doctor playset

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue with the power tower bookcase from the Tiny Living SP, and this started after the Horse Ranch update Frown

Message 5 of 10 (1,185 Views)

Champion

@Lilliys Is this the bookcase you're speaking of?

Turm-Bücherregal.png

There's no problem with the swatches in my game.

Message 6 of 10 (1,162 Views)

★ Apprentice

Has this issue been fixed yet? I don't usually play with toddlers, so I only noticed this issue tonight.

Message 7 of 10 (654 Views)

Champion
@BlackBirdBaby I’ve noticed the nesting blocks have a very small target so I often miss on the first attempt and get the “can’t be used in this object” message because it thinks I’m clicking the floor. But I’ve never had it be impossible. Sometimes I need to zoom in to find the right spot to click.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 8 of 10 (617 Views)

★ Apprentice

But when I select the color in build mode, they place as white to begin with. After that I can't change the color because of whatever that glitch is.

@PipMenace wrote:
@BlackBirdBabyI’ve noticed the nesting blocks have a very small target so I often miss on the first attempt and get the “can’t be used in this object” message because it thinks I’m clicking the floor. But I’ve never had it be impossible. Sometimes I need to zoom in to find the right spot to click.

Message 9 of 10 (580 Views)

Champion
@BlackBirdBaby They place white? I've not seen that before. Do you have a screenshot? What platform do you play on?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 10 of 10 (564 Views)