[ARCHIVED] Delays on canceling actions

by Valathia

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] Delays on canceling actions

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey there,
I have an issue where when I cancel an action the Sim will go to the object/place said action takes place and only then cancel it.
Ex: I had a Sim use a toilet in the 3rd floor, and decide that since he is on the level floor he should use the toilet there. I cancel the action, usually this happens if the action was the next in line or was about to start, and he will go all the way to the third floor toilet, look at it, cancel the action and proceed to go back to the ground floor and do that interaction. This happens as frequently as the clock issue. It gets very cumbersome and annoying after awhile, the more I play the worse it gets. This started happening after I purchased city living, even if I'm playing a new save that isn't in that city.
I have sims 4 deluxe, city living, get together, go to work, vampires and glamour stuff. All download version.
I have an i3-6100 processor
Nvidia GeForce 1060 6gb graphics card
8gb ram
250 sad disc
Thanks in advance,
Val 

Message 1 of 31 (4,224 Views)

Re: Delays on canceling actions

Hero

I've seen other similar reports but I can't really find a thread on it

Going to add this for now. Changed the title a bit although I'm still not 100% happy with it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 31 (4,164 Views)

Action cancelling and pathfinding

★★★ Novice

Hi!

I noticed some issues at the moment I cancel actions, beside some pathfinding issues:

-When I cancel some actions, like putting back a book in the bookshelf or do the washing up, sometimes my sims keeps walking to the location they are supposed to go and THEN they stops to do the action.

-When I want to talk with other sim, the receiver keeps walking to the location they wants to go initially. THEN he/she waits my sim. 

-When a sim picks a book from the shelf, it's supposed to look for the nearest chair or desk, isn't it? Well, sometimes he/she goes to the farest place possible like the dinner room or a place in other floor. I think sims prefer empty desks before empty chairs. If it's like this, I understand the idea, but sometimes it looks very unnatural.

I don't have any mod installed.

Message 3 of 31 (4,138 Views)

Re: Action cancelling and pathfinding

★★★★★ Guide

I can confirm , plus like to add it also happen when a sim is gardening, when a sim tend garden and you cancel the action like go to school or something sim will cancel your cancel que and starts to spam tend next plant then you have to start spamming cancel on all tend next plant ques

Message 4 of 31 (4,115 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I observed a very long time span till my Sims cancel interacting with the tablet computer. They even kind of freeze sometimes.

Message 5 of 31 (4,113 Views)

★★★ Novice
Same, and it has happened since forever, at some point they just started to break like this, I have kind of got used to this slow pace and bugged actions.
I remember long time ago being way faster and better? It used to work like it was supposed to, and now it just don't.
Message 6 of 31 (4,097 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Delays on canceling actions

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 31 (4,064 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Delays on canceling actions

Champion

The exact same thing is happening to me as well! Disappointed I would usually have no problem queuing up actions before, but now they are constantly falling out of the queue! It also happens during conversations as well, which is troublesome because not all conversation options are available every time, and some of them are buried deeper in the "More Options" selection several times deep! Angry This means we can't play the Sims very well, instead we just have to watch them!Frown It is a HUGE problem when playing with large households!Devil

And speaking of spamming actions, whenever my Sims have a conversation with a Toddler, a bunch of autonomous conversation topics will spam instead of the ones I pick. Tongue out  Or, my Sims and the Toddlers just wont shut up!Zipped lips I will even try to cancel their conversation for all Sims involved in the conversation, but it just replaces the canceled conversation topic with another one, no matter how many times I cancel the interaction! Teeth bared I actually have to direct them to do something else just to get them to stop talking!  It seems only to be a problem with conversations involving Toddlers.  As you can see I am very frustrated.

I have no CC and no Mods

Thank you! Heart

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 31 (4,044 Views)

★ Pro
I can confirm @alanmichael1 long time span issue when canceling tablet and computer usage. It takes a very long time before the Sim will finally stop.
Message 9 of 31 (4,025 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem.  It doesn't matter what I instruct my sims to do, they will continue to do it even if I cancel the action.  I will click on something like "make dinner" and then cancel it when they are on their way to the kitchen.  They continue on to the kitchen, open the fridge, take out ingredients and then set them on the floor.  Drives me crazy!  I also hate how you instruct a sim to yell at another sim and after they he's finished yelling, he tells a funny story or flirts with the other sim.  You can't cancel these actions either.  How do you make them stay angry even for a few sim minutes?

Message 10 of 31 (3,949 Views)