Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Uni Objects removed from Inventory/ Stuck in Robot Arm

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4

Platform: PS4

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur?

Often

What is your current game version number?

1.20.101.3400 (64 bit)

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?

EXPANSION: Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Island Living, Discover University

Game: Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic

STUFF: Moschino, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party

FREE: Holiday Celebration, Ghoulish Guitar

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?

Travel seems to be the cause, although I cannot be positive this is what causes the university items to disappear.

What happens when the bug occurs?

Harvestables disappear completely from Sim inventory. At times university items that were purchased from the uni kiosk also disappear, although these items generally turn back up at random.

What do you expect to see?

The harvestables and other items should not disappear from sim inventory.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, this issue is on console (PS4).

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

Yes.

Please describe the patch or change you made.

Harvestables - Installed update 1.20.101.3400

University - items have been disappearing since I installed the expansion

Message 21 of 53 (2,962 Views)

Re: Stuck in Robot Arm, No Longer in Inventory

★★★ Novice

Me too my sim is wearing his robo-arm,  a white  t-shirt, the black standard underpants and the trademark university black and red boots.  I tried to plan his outfit to add some Jeans, but the robo-arm vanishes in CAS.

So I've tried changing to nude, then go back into change outfit again and it gives me an option wearing the black jeans He was wearing before. Hope this helps a little as I still don't know how to remove the robo-arm yet.

Message 22 of 53 (2,914 Views)

Re: Stuck in Robot Arm, No Longer in Inventory

★★★ Novice

I'm also having this problem. Curiously, if I have a second robo-arm in my sim's inventory, I get the "Place in World" interaction when I click on the sim (this doesn't remove the robo-arm though, it only places the additional robo-arm from the inventory). I have mods installed, but I have tested it with all mods disabled and the issue remains.

Message 23 of 53 (2,887 Views)

★ Novice

Likewise, I've been having an issue with my robot arm stuck to my sim. She was wearing it when I saved her to the library, moved that library copy into another save and in the new save, cannot take the arm off. As others have stated crafting another just gives the option to place the new one in world, but I cannot wear it or take off the existing arm, and going into CAS does nothing.

Message 24 of 53 (2,857 Views)

Robot arm becomes stuck on sim if the sim dies or has their inventory cleared

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Equip the robotic arm from Discover University 2. Die and resurrect/Use cheats to clear inventory and change lots 3. The robotic arm (and presumably other equipables) can no longer be removed
What happens when the bug occurs? The robotic arm (and presumably other equipables) can no longer be removed. As far as I'm aware, it's impossible to fix this without either reloading an old save or replacing the sim entirely.
What do you expect to see? Either an option to remove the robotic arm/equipable, or to just have it automatically unequip when a sim dies/has their inventory cleared.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I originally had this happen while using the robotic arm to help build parts on the robotics workbench, and then got electrocuted and died. Upon using RoM to revive my dead sim, and then used cheats to add him to my household, the bug first occurred. Testing shows that even if you revive them and get them to move in the legitimate way, the bug still occurs (note that in all my testing I used ambrosia I cheated in to revive dead sims). 

I could not find a way to fix this without replacing the sim or reverting my save. Fortunately, my sim was easy to replace, but this bug could absolutely be catastrophic to certain types of players/sims. It's not technically game breaking, as 99% of interactions work fine, but it's rather annoying as you effectively no longer have a choice of shirt and you can't get naked properly. It also prevents you from equipping the exosuit mech, which happened to be what I was making when my sim first died, but whatever.

At least the ghost looks dope.

Message 25 of 53 (2,675 Views)

Re: Robot arm becomes stuck on sim if the sim dies or has their inventory cleare

[ Edited ]
Hero

@TheAwesomeMutant Merged this with existing thread. Although your scenario is a bit different, it's basically the same.

Arm no longer in inventory .. can't be removed.

Would you mind uploading the Sim to the gallery and let me know his/her name ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 53 (2,662 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Is anyone still having this issue on the latest version of the game? If so could you possibly share a save file with me? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 27 of 53 (2,530 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@SimGuruNick - I have just gotten the problem! I took the robot arm on my sim and when I left the university and bought a new home, I could not take it off. When I reloaded the save back, I still could not

Message 28 of 53 (2,482 Views)

Hero
@battelkinght Did you send your save to Nick as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 53 (2,434 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict I did, yeah
Message 30 of 53 (2,419 Views)