[FIXED] [DU] Troubles getting/keeping roommates

by amywatt27

Original Post

Re: Roommates

Hero
@Taxicab08 I merged your post with the main thread on troubles with room mates. There's some tips in here you can try but mostly it's currently considered as a bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 101 of 108 (1,165 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Troubles getting/keeping roommates

★ Apprentice

I'm not going to read through all of the posted comments, but I want to say that I've been having this exact issue (and so have many commenters on reddit, and I've seen it on multiple sim-youtubers' games as well). I've seen comments list all these "tips and tricks" for how to try to prevent or fix this issue.

In my opinion, it's simply low needs that lead the roommies to complain and then leave. I've had 100% success rate of my roommies saying "thank you for fixing the problem" and not leaving when I've cheated their needs to full using "make happy." I feel this is simply a product of a problem of the game's imperfect autonomy paired with some of the behaviors innate in the roommate (coming and going strangely, only sleeping when your sim does). I feel a game fix could be to change the decay rate of a roommate's needs to like.... incredibly slowly. Because the roommates rarely get to finish a need-fulfilling action between the player bopping around on different lots, interrupting, etc., plus the roommates are rarely given the time to do autonomous needs things when they're running out of the house for no reason and coming back with food 5 times a day, for example.

Message 102 of 108 (1,122 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Roommates complain and leave after 24 hours

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictI didn't see an answer in this thread but I found out what the problem is. Any bed other than a single bed (other than for your sims):
1- will not allow the game to let you post for roommates
2- if you buy single beds for each person it will work
3- if you try to hide the single beds in the basement and assign the roomies to sleep in the doubles they wont.
Therefore their needs for sleep get Insane and they move out pissed off you haven't provided them what they need (ie. Beds to sleep in)
If you only have doubles, even with a single sim, you will have all these issues.

EA needs to check the double bed system (attached to universities pack maybe?) and see what the coding issue is for double beds and roommates.

Workaround.... buy only single beds for roommates

Message 103 of 108 (1,054 Views)

Re: [LAUNDRY LIST] [DU] Troubles getting/keeping roommates

★★★ Apprentice
@amywatt27 I had that problem when I first tried the game. It's still there over 3 years later. On some occasions, the complaining Sim say thank you for fixing the issue WITHOUT any action on my part.
Also, frequently have some roommates complaining about bad bed attribution, while using a fully upgraded 10/10/10 bed, and the presence of 10 unused, high quality beds.
Message 104 of 108 (973 Views)

Champion

@Kualinar Thankfully you will not need to wait much longer to see improvements to the roommates issues. If you check at this link you will see that "Troubles getting/keeping Roommates" is on the July 6th, 2021 'Laundry List' of top issues they are currently working on. 🥳  https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/laundry-list-july-6-2021

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 105 of 108 (962 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR I just hope that they'll not fix it the same way they «fixed» the plants reverting to just planted state. That is, not at all, but label the problem as fixed.
Message 106 of 108 (941 Views)

Champion

@Kualinar Me too. I'm currently having issues with my plants acting about halfway normal... (cycling through reverting to dirt piles - and in different cycles, depending on the plant). But I am still having a point where I get harvestables, though less so for the trees.

Anyway, I am currently looking for a specific roommate that I put in my faved households (so she can't be culled) but did not place her in a home. (I am playing a family in a home.) I had to do the trick of putting in an extra bed (in a sealed off tiny basement room) per pet to place the ad, and I have plenty of roommates show up, but I have waited Sim weeks and through multiple ad cycles for the one I desire to show up or walk by and ask her. I'm thinking I may resort to housing her, visiting her, chatting with her so she's got enough of a relationship to invite her over, then moving her out of her home and calling her to come over with the ad active to ask her to be the roommate. Wish me luck! 🍀

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 107 of 108 (931 Views)

Hero

Having Roommates can be hard. Have your Sims had Roommates complain constantly
and leave even when their needs are met? Yeah, we made it so that Roommates don’t
do this any longer.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 108 of 108 (10,496 Views)