Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Roommates complain and leave after 24 hours

by yvettej18

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

Theres two twin beds in the room and a dresser. She already put down some of her things so I don’t think its space.

Message 11 of 108 (4,417 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Discover University Housing Issues with Roommates

Hero
@Liciagrl929 I merged your post with the bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 108 (4,406 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This was off campus. I updated some mods and cleaned one of the bathroom sinks and I think it fixed it. My roommate came home and said that she was happy again. I think this might be a glitch or something but its like if one appliance is broken or dirty even for less than a day your roommate freaks out and threatens to leave. 

Message 13 of 108 (4,389 Views)

★★★ Novice

ISSUES "SOLVED" (??): I was having a similar issue when after I adopted a pet and had a baby the roommate left and I was no longer allowed to advertise for a new roommate because there were "not enough beds". I found that once I added an adult bed for the dog and the baby I could once again have a roommate. Apparently, pets and babies count towards household members that require an adult bed on the lot in order to rent out actual beds to roommates. I stuck the beds in a remote corner of the lot, and I did not assign them to anyone. They are nearly there to compensate for the dog and baby. (Note that I did have a pet bed and a baby bassinet but neither count as a bed for a household sim). Also, I do not have any mods downloaded or installed.

Message 14 of 108 (4,327 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

It seems like some of these 'roomie' behaviors are like dorm behaviors even if they're not in a dorm. I do have the DU pack. I'm wondering by reading some of these comments if having the pack &/or once the pack was released forces in some of the dynamics?

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 15 of 108 (4,295 Views)

★★ Novice
@mightymaite007 For an on campus house that you made that is non-dorm, you may need to advertise for roommates using a computer. I think it's only the pre-made dorms where roommates are auto-assigned to dorm beds.
Message 16 of 108 (4,234 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrictamywatt27 This happened to me too! One of my roommates got stuck behind a lounge in the house on campus at Britechester, and I had to use the build mod to get her out. Then they started saying they were unhappy and my sim was a bad roommate and they moved out.
Message 17 of 108 (4,228 Views)

★★ Novice
@Liciagrl929 I have been having the same issue! I don’t even get a roommate tab!
Message 18 of 108 (4,164 Views)

★ Novice

I also had this problem. I had out a stove in my housing, because I wanted one. My roommates kept saying the same thing until I removed the stove and they said "I feel better now, I'll stay".

Message 19 of 108 (4,124 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@LadyPaula You're an angel. I adopted a new dog and couldn't figure out why I couldn't place an ad for another roommate due to there not being enough beds. Sure enough, I put down another bed and the option popped up. Yikes.

Message 20 of 108 (4,113 Views)