[FIXED] [DU] Term presentation board gone/not received and can't get it back

by hubosa

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Term presentation board gone and can't get it back

★★★ Novice

ps4 user here, having the same issue. A custom sim I made is living on campus with Julia Wright and Becca Clarke. Julia and my sim Ricky are both missing presentation boards while Becca has one that is owned by her but she has no options to use it when it's placed down. Julia and Ricky are both in the Drama program and never received one, Becca is in Language & Literature. Tried using testing cheats to re-enroll them with no success. again I am on ps4 with all expansions (except My First Pet Stuff as I believe that's the only pack not currently out for ps4) and, obviously, no mods. totally at a loss here.

Message 121 of 182 (2,243 Views)

★★★ Guide

I am also having the issue with my sim not having a presentation board. His classes run Monday to Friday. It is Saturday in game. Previous semesters he had the board, but this time there is none to be found.

Message 122 of 182 (2,148 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Term presentation board gone and can't get it back

★★★ Newbie

you can buy new books but im also unable to get my board back Frown

Message 123 of 182 (2,025 Views)

[PS4] [DU] No presentation given for new term.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.22
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, university, city living, island living, cats and dogs, strangerville, parenthood, dine out, get together, fitness stuff, seasons, toddler stuff, kids room stuff, get famous, laundry day,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Give final presentation in term 1 and then start term 2. The old board disappears but the game doesn't supply a new one in its place.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I start term 2 at university the game doesn't supply a new presentation board.
What do you expect to see? I expect to receive a presentation board for the classes that need it and to receive a new one in term 2 when it is required.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Can you please fix this issue as my sim will fail class without the presentaion board.

Message 124 of 182 (1,091 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

that mod has so many issues listed. I don't use mods anyway.

Message 125 of 182 (1,933 Views)

★★ Novice

I was having the same issue with the board disappearing before they released a patch to fix the issue. With the new update it's happening again. I have three sims in university. One still has their presentation board but two others do not. If this is going to continue being an issue why not just add the option to purchase one at the university kiosks? 

Message 126 of 182 (1,898 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Term presentation board gone and can't get it back

★★ Pro
@Darnellcotez You can get that homework book from bookshelf or on computer Standard smile
Message 127 of 182 (1,879 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

*For only can put in inventory peps*    Dont know if this has been resolved yet, but I found something that's worked. I set the presentation board as my head (Shift click object after enabling cheats) and then right clicking on object set as head to reset. After that I put the new presentation ( to make it small again. Then take new pres OUT of inventory and place on lot. After that the old presentation board was working again. I don't know if this is guaranteed to work every time, but it work once. Hope this helps anyone.

Message 128 of 182 (1,687 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@jaxxf I’m going to try and see if to work.
Message 129 of 182 (1,601 Views)

★★★ Guide

I don't have the issue of not getting a presentation board at the beginning of the term, but I did have the issue of the board disappearing if my Sim went to class with it in their inventory. However, I can now confirm that (at least for me) this is a good workaround: If you live on campus, at the beginning of term take your Sim's board out of their inventory before they go to any classes. Leave it anywhere on the home lot. Your Sim can now go to class and the board *shouldn't* disappear because it isn't in their inventory. I have done this for all of my Sims that need to give presentations, and there are 2 days left in the term and the boards are still where I put them on the lot. I have traveled many, many times off the lot, and have come back to the boards still being there. Another workaround is to give the presentation as early as possible so you don't lose the board. However just taking it out of their inventory and placing it on the home lot seems to work for me. I did use the aforementioned mod where you email your professor about your grades, and when you get a response you have a new board in your inventory, and I can also confirm that that worked for me as well. This bug seems to only be causing an issue with Sims who live on campus and go to class with the board in their inventory. If you live off campus the disappearing board shouldn't be an issue.

Message 130 of 182 (1,525 Views)