Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] Stuff Gets Repossessed Even After A Uni Loan Payment

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP, All GP + Laundry, Toddler, Kids Room, Spooky and Moschino SP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Complete University with a degree. Wait for a reminder to make a payment. Make the payment.
What happens when the bug occurs? After I make my first loan repayment (I pay just over the suggested minimum), the money is taken from my household funds. A few Sim hours later (on the same day), a notification claims I failed to make a payment too many times and a Repo Person will be sent. A Repo Person comes ands takes my stuff. I did have a mod installed to make uni fees more expensive so thought this could be the reason the payment system was failing. However, I removed it and tried again (I still have the same uni high fees) but the game still doesn't acknowledge my repayment.
What do you expect to see? For NO failed payment notification to pop up and for NO repo person to arrive because I made a payment.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

After I make my first loan repayment (I pay just over the suggested minimum), the money is taken from my household funds. A few Sim hours later (on the same day), a notification claims I failed to make a payment too many times and a Repo Person will be sent. A Repo Person comes ands takes my stuff. I did have a mod installed to make uni fees more expensive so thought this could be the reason the payment system was failing. However, I removed it and tried again (I still have the same uni high fees) but the game still doesn't acknowledge my repayment.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 11 (4,878 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Stuff Gets Repossessed Even After A Uni Loan Payment

[ Edited ]
Hero

Fixed an issue that would cause items to be repossessed when loans were fully paid. That is NOT how it worked Repo Person… NOT how it worked.

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

If you're still experiencing this issue, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/DU-Stuff-Gets-Repossessed-Even-After-A-Uni-Loan-Payment-Patch-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (3,448 Views)

All Replies

Re: My Stuff Gets Repossessed Even After A Uni Loan Payment

Hero
@NIKKIFARK Did you roll the save back to before the stuff was taken after removing the mod or was that a second payment ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (4,775 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I rolled back the save. I quit the game without saving, removed the mod, tried again and it still occurred. Still have not saved since (so I can’t really play as I can’t afford to have my stuff taken).
Message 3 of 11 (4,753 Views)

Hero
Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (4,749 Views)

Hero
@NIKKIFARK Would you share your save with me ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (4,698 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I forgot to reply to say it was easier to remove the loan with a cheat. Thanks for your assistance.
Message 6 of 11 (4,684 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi Crin,

I'm also getting this issue, here's my attached save https://drive.google.com/open?id=18b9wb6pkcacarwcFd4uLdwXCoipr2NyzMy sim paid loan payments 3 times in a day and his console still got repo'd. I saved right after the 3rd prompt to make a loan payment

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 7 of 11 (4,616 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

This is happening to me, but I also have the same mod that makes uni fees more expensive. I can make multiple payments, pay when the reminder asks me to, and still the repoman is sent for missing too many payments. I feel like it's assuming that I've missed payments just because the amount due is high (approx. $30,000.) I've never tried paying back a normal sized loan. I wonder if anyone who's not using mods has this issue?

Also, shouldn't the game tell us when payments are due, or how often we're supposed to pay? Or something??? I feel very lost because the game tells us nothing and kind of leaves us blind until it's already late.

Message 8 of 11 (4,531 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@janyses I have the same issue, did not use the uni fee mod.

Message 9 of 11 (4,401 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue- I use the University fee mod as well. I tested the game with and without the mods, and the same issue still occurs. It's really quite frustrating to get multiple calls a day, telling me to pay up, when I make a payment every morning at 7am after my sim gets home from work and every time her cell phone rings.

Message 10 of 11 (3,206 Views)