Re: [DU] Student only getting Fs in university, despite putting in work (Patch 1

by Citysim9997

Original Post

Re: (DU) Sims Failing University *Bug Not Fixed*

★★★ Newbie

i did it by checking them one by one, for me, the issue as in roburky's "meaningful stories", i removed it and now my sims normally get good grades on uni.

Message 11 of 47 (2,780 Views)

Re: [DU] Student only getting Fs in university, despite putting in work (Patch 1

★★★ Guide

I had this problem too, and realized it was MCCC Career Flag. That prevents your Sim from getting promoted/demoted in their career, but apparently it also affected the progression for uni as well. I removed the flags and just monitored my Sims' careers the old fashioned way and the problem was resolved.

Message 12 of 47 (2,721 Views)

★★★ Guide

I don't even use MCCC's flag but yeah I decided to try University again, but unsurprising it's just as bad as it's ever been. All Subjects end with an F, then immidiate suspension, after everything just looks so promising, no warning message that my sim is about to fail or anything, just positive messages including an Excellent Presentation that was was delivered earler.

Message 13 of 47 (2,671 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Student only getting Fs at uni, despite putting in work (Patch 1

★ Apprentice

This bug recently (re)started for me as well. (I had the original one a few years back.)

The odd thing is, I had a sim go through university just fine in a legacy game last week but this new one is having issues. Her first two terms were fine and now all of a sudden she 'does the bare minimum of showing up' despite having homework done, taking notes, studying and having high motives. This past term she had to do a presentation and the morning she was going to present it her board disappeared! Then the requirement changed to a term paper but I had no option to write a term paper on the computer.

The only difference between this playthrough and the last was that I bought the High School expansion.

The only mod I use is MCCC, both reg & woohoo.

Message 14 of 47 (2,287 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Student only getting Fs at uni, despite putting in work (Patch 1

★ Apprentice
@Aodra I forgot that it was a distinguished degree, not a regular one. The degree is in Culinary. The one I completed last week was regular and in computer sciences.
Also, my legacy sim went to the dorms (which was ridiculous because I got charged thousands of simoleons every week just in bills) and this one stayed in her San Myshuno apartment.
Message 15 of 47 (2,262 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this same problem. at the start of this year everything worked fine and my sims were able to attend university and get As if they put int he work. Now my sims put in all the work and still fail. I took out all mods and custom content and tried with a new game and this problem persisted. It only started in the past few weeks. I play on Mac and have uninstalled and reinstalled the game but to no avail. Any help please?

Message 16 of 47 (2,181 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same here. I hope they will solve this bug soon. It's been a year and I don't know why they still ain't solved it. I thought I was the only one facing this issue until I found your post mistakenly. Because I was searching for the https://studyclerk.com/complete-coursework website on google search because I need coursework help. And when I was searching for it online, I found your post as well.

Message 17 of 47 (2,124 Views)

★★ Novice

This is happening for me as well. Sims going to class in positive moods, doing all the homework/presentations, and studying outside of class, and still failing. It's starting to get old.

Message 18 of 47 (2,095 Views)

★★★ Guide

I always do great in 1st semester, but the 2nd, literally impossible, I presume by now it was just designed to be this way.

Message 19 of 47 (2,077 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue. Just wasted a term only to fail despite working pretty hard. Wasn't expecting As but at least Bs. 

Fs and Ds. Updated game versions, all the packs, all updates, no mods or CC, just playing the game.

It would be helpful if there maybe isn't a glitch but what is considered in the grading system would be nice to understand. Clearly it is not just adding up homework + term paper/final/presentation +attendence. My Sims photography skills is maxed at 5, but failing her photography course. Gurus, please illuminate us what is the formula? 

Message 20 of 47 (1,844 Views)