by bonnuk

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Student only getting Fs at uni, despite putting in work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Get to Work, Discover University, Cats and Dogs, Cool Kitchen, Tiny Living, Seasons, Get Together
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enroll student in university
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims get F in university classes despite doing all homework, studying, and attending all classes.
What do you expect to see? Higher grades at the end of the terms.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Supposedly this problem has been patched before, as I have found other threads discussing the same problem. However, I purchased and downloaded Sims 4 (Base and expansions) only this past week and I am still having this issue. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 47 (9,909 Views)

Re: Student only getting Fs in university, despite putting in work

Hero
@hayleyet Could you please enter your game version ?

Here's instructions: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/8775353#M172242

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 47 (9,886 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 3 of 47 (9,857 Views)

Hero
@hayleyet Did you start the save before or after the big EP patch and did you enroll before or after ?

If it was all after, do you have a save before they did their papers/presentations/final exams ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 47 (9,844 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What's the EP patch? When did it happen? I only downloaded the game this past weekend. 

Message 5 of 47 (9,827 Views)

Hero
@hayleyet The july 20th pack. If you only have the game since last week, guess than it was after.

Can you check your backups, if any is from before the turning in papers/presentation/exams ?

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/recover-backup-save-game/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 47 (9,810 Views)

(DU) Sims Failing University *Bug Not Fixed*

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.81.72.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Famous, Discover University, Spa Day, Get Together, City Living, Parenthood, Seasons, and Cats & Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? A Sim being enrolled in University
What happens when the bug occurs? When my Sim goes to Uni, I have them take notes in class, do their homework, do their final paper/presentation to outstanding quality, and have them study all the time, but they still fail their classes. I get pop ups after class saying my sims did the "bare minimum", and when they email the professors the pop up says they're failing. Sometimes, the professor pop up will say the Sim is doing well, and then the Sim somehow still fails the class(es). I am sending my Sims to class with full needs. I am not sure how I am doing all of this and my Sim receives D's and F's.
What do you expect to see? My Sims getting A's/B's for having them do the necessary work to pass the class.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I recently started playing TS4 again after a 6 month break, and sent my Sim to Uni. Had them do their homework when available to do so, study until I get the moodlet from studying, go to class on time in a good mood, have them take notes in class, and have them complete and turn in their term papers and presentations with Outstanding quality. I email the professors, and the pop up says they are not doing well in the class. In the end, my Sim gets D's and F's. I tried this on 2 different families, and it was the same issue.

I understand that this bug was "fixed" in a July patch, but I am still having this issue. I am not sure why I am having this issue if the bug was "fixed". This kind of makes one of my favorite expansions unplayable and I don't want to play the game because of how annoying and time-wasting this bug is.

All of my mods and cc are up to date as well as my game.

Message 7 of 47 (9,805 Views)

Re: (DU) Sims Failing University *Bug Not Fixed*

Hero
@Elocin620 I'm merging this with the current thread but please do test without mods even if they're uptodate.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 47 (9,752 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Currently having this issue as well at first I thought maybe the game was just trying to tell me maybe that degree isn't meant for that sim but my two teens are now enrolled and the same thing is happening. They do all their homework, actively listen in class, or take notes yet I always get the notification that they are showing their disinterest in the class and it will result in an F then they receive an F when the term is over. I will test without mods then check back into this thread.

I think the issue is mods because I got a different response in my test. It was not a perfect response but it said he did well enough to get a decent grade and in my other save they both flat out got told they'd fail. Does anyone know an easy way to figure out which mod is causing the issues? I really do not want to start my mod folder over again and I think the game is boring without mods so no mods isn't an option for me.

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 9 of 47 (9,575 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is happening to me as well. How can they still have this issue for the bug that was over a year ago?

My YA goes to all her classes, does her homework on time, takes notes, did her presentation and term papers with no cheating or plagiarising, and came out with MOSTLY D's!!! now she's suspended. I worked so hard on her and this is such a letdown.

Message 10 of 47 (9,395 Views)