[FIXED] [DU] Social Panel always saves organisation tab

by yuk75

Original Post

Re: SWITCH Organisation and Clubs Panels so that Clubs Is Default

★ Guide

How do we get EA to notice and consider this? Do we need more people to want it or is this something EA might consider for user friendliness? In which case how do we send them the message?

Message 10 of 24 (1,269 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

So Weerbesu has kindly provided a temporary fix here:

He also explained this is a BUG, so please EA can you fix it?

"I believe the game is supposed to remember whether the last opened tab is Clubs or Organizations for each Sim when you close the game so that the next time you open the game it will show the last opened tab. This setting is saved to the UserSetting.ini file in your The Sims 4 folder as "clubpaneltabsetting" for each Sim. However, due to a coding mistake the game always saves the wrong tab (i.e. if Clubs is the last opened tab it will save Organizations to the UserSetting.ini file, and vice versa). I've fixed this bug, as well as making Clubs the default tab when no value is saved to UserSetting.ini. You can download it here and test if it works. Please note that it will conflict with Neia's More Clubs per Sim mod."

PLEASE GO AND ME TOO THE BUG REPORT SO WE CAN GET THIS FIXED!!!!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Social-Panel-INCORRECTLY-saves-last-tab-always-saves/m-p/98173...

(Removed mod link, no mod links on AHQ) - Atic 

Message 11 of 24 (1,002 Views)

Re: Please make Clubs the active panel outside of University

★ Guide

Hello!!

So this turns out to be a bug! Can you all please go me too the report so it gets fixed? Also if you travel to my linked thread there is a temporary fix there :D. That fix may break on the next update so it's paramount we get EA onto this ASAP!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Social-Panel-INCORRECTLY-saves-last-tab-always-saves/m-p/98173...

Message 13 of 24 (960 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@yuk75 That's great news! Unfortunately EA has already deleted your link not even 3 hours after it was posted. I've looked over at MTS and Weerbesu's Patreon, but couldn't find a download. Thanks EA! This is truly infuriating. If EA were only as diligent about fixing bugs as they are fanatical about deleting helpful links to bug fixes this would indeed be a better game! Yeah, it's the rules of this forum... I know. Nonetheless, SHAME ON YOU EA!

Message 14 of 24 (974 Views)

★ Guide

I went looking for the rules and I can't find any rule against mod links. Is there a group of rules for this section I've missed or overlooked?

I guess I will let Weerbesu know and hopefully he will upload to MTS.

Message 15 of 24 (963 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@yuk75 

Hey, you're absolutely right! I went looking for that specific rule that prohibits the use of links myself and actually can't find it! There's one under Don'ts of Forum Rules & Guidelines that says:

• Don't link to "shady" sites. Links to other sites should be appropriate and not contain content like cheat promotion, adult material or unsafe software.

However, that didn't seem to apply to your post (and to so many others that I've seen removed in the past). Clarification on this issue would be appreciated.

You could try and write out the whereabouts to weerbesu's bug fix mod by replacing all instances of the period punctuation with the word "DOT". That way, it's not really a link.

Let's just hope EA doesn't get all unreasonably overzealous and hysterical again...

Message 16 of 24 (935 Views)

★ Guide

That might be seen as deliberately circumventing the rules so I won't ha ha.

I did ask Weerbesu if he wanted to post to MTS or if he wanted me to post it on MTS but I don't think I made proper sense, I tried to clarify what the problem was so we'll see what he does.

I tried to upload it to this post but it won't let me :'(.

I'm on Discord....I'm in MCCC's channels and Zero's channels (I posted the link in Zero's) and my Discord is "Jade Elizabeth#4417" if you want to contact me directly. Having this fix has been so unreal, it removes so much pain from the game I didn't even realise how frustrated I was until it worked how it should!

Message 17 of 24 (913 Views)

Re: Social Panel INCORRECTLY saves last tab (always saves organisation)

★★★★★ Guide
@yuk75 Hey I also relate to this. I find it interesting that my Sims in clubs never have the club menu appear first always organizations. I don't play with clubs too too much but I do find it a tad annoying that it defaults to organizations first. Not everyone will be in University but Clubs seem like the better default option.
Message 18 of 24 (1,010 Views)

★ Guide

@Bearpal64 absolutely agree! I think a lot of players don't play clubs because of this, it makes the whole thing really tedious and it's ridiculously frustrating. 70+ people have me too'ed this and the original post, over 80 if you include the post they merged my original with (which resulted in my 30+ me too's vanishing). This is a big problem...it's very small to fix but has such a HUGE impact!!

Message 19 of 24 (922 Views)

★★★ Guide

This is just terrible UI design that should be easy to fix. Currently the only workaround is to uninstall University, which is a bit drastic to resolve something so stupid.

Don't understand why they even bothered with the organizations. Sims aren't in University long enough for it to make any sense to try to join an organization and they're kicked out as soon as they graduate, which makes the whole thing pointless. For what little these things offer they could just as well have been made as clubs. There's no reason to make a whole nother tab for something that does basically the same thing.

Message 20 of 24 (895 Views)