[FIXED] [DU] Sims fail university despite meeting all criteria

by Lapin_Demoness

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Sims fail university despite meeting all criteria

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I just had this issue, too. I stopped playing the game on the Sim's weekend but my Sim's term ended Monday, so she had one day left. She had done all homework, term papers, presentation and attended class but 2 of her classes had already finished on Thursday. The other 2 she attended on Monday, but at the end of the day she had 3 F grades and a D- and is now on probation. It is not possible for me to continue playing my game without quitting just to keep my sims from flunking. I haven't even been playing another family on my rotational play as I know this is an issue with University as well. I can't have my sims flunk school when I am putting in the effort to make sure they complete everything needed.

I have MCCC in my game but I am not using any cheats as far as University goes.

Message 81 of 147 (2,332 Views)

★ Pro

I don't have this issue. I've playing a test game trying to trigger it, but decided to stop because after reading around it seems like:

If you don't have it, you don't have it.

Until you do and then there seems to be no going back.

If you do have it, you have it and there's no workaround as far as I can tell.

Best thing to do is share your saves #39

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea... 

Message 82 of 147 (2,285 Views)

Bad Grades

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? V1.23
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? SIms 4, Sims 4 university
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing the university DLC normally and progressing through grades
What happens when the bug occurs? sims fail classes although ensuring everything to make them succeed
What do you expect to see? I exspect them to get good grades and it not being random chance whether they make it or not.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I'm having my Sims go to class every time with completed homework and have them "actively listen". Any class they have that has a final exam seems to be a toss-up if they will pass or not, even though I have them always attend their classes with homework. having them study for the class doesn't seem to be enough. One time I had my sim email the professors asking how she was doing, and the professors told her she is doing fine and she'll pass if she keeps doing what she's doing. I spent all night studying for one class and not the other. The next day one professor said she was doing stellar in the class and is one of the highest students, and the other one said she was on the cusp of failing. She hadn't even had the chance to go to class yet during this time.

How can she go from being perfectly fine in a class 2 on the cusp of failing within 12 hours? And how much time am I supposed to dedicate studying per class? I always do perfectly fine in the classes that require a term paper or presentation. But for some reason the final exams keep being a toss-up, even if I have them spend time studying for a class, it's like the other one drops. My sim is on academic probation because one semester ended with two A+'s and one D, even though I did the same thing for each of those classes.

Message 83 of 147 (2,241 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I think my problem is basically the same, although not exactly: I've now had two families that each had two sims in Uni, in both cases living at home, where one sim will always fail all classes while the other passes, even though they both do all the required work, do the presentations, turn in the term papers, and do all extracurricular requirements. I cannot find any pattern or consistency in this. Only that for the sim that constantly fails it apparently makes no difference whatsoever how much of the coursework is done. My one sim that passed was even caught for plagiarizing term papers and never did more than 10-20% of the homework.

None of them follow the same courses or majors and I play with them in seperate saves, and they've never existed in the same save.

In case saves are still wanted:

@SimGuruNick https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XHH_9wvq8tIQLXP5DvGk10r49jt-i0A-

"Just Blue" (aka Bjergsen) family should be the last played. Blue keeps failing all her classes, no matter how hard she tries, while Cherry passes even when not trying.

Message 84 of 147 (2,145 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

This happens to me too currently and it rlly is pissing me off. One of my girls is already on academic probation for failing 2 classes that she shouldn’t have failed. I just emailed her professors to see how she’s doing and she’s going to fail 2 more classes again and probably get suspended. It’s rlly nice to know I wasted her entire young adulthood on going to university.

Message 85 of 147 (2,069 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm really annoyed as this is happening to me as well. I've done 3 terms and got probation (suspended for 5 days) every time. My sims started out as a young adult and is turning into an elder soon still without completing terms. 
I've had her max out her skills, study a lot and all the time, attend all classes. Do extras. And she fails (gets 0 grade). This happens when I take more than one class per term. I tried taking just one class and she passed that class. But... when I had more classes, I still managed to do everything, with all requirements... it wasn't difficult to have her do more than one class. 

I'm very annoyed and don't know what to do... This is definitely a glitch in my opinion... as there is no explanation. Another thing... if I live on campus, she didn't make it to her classes in time, because the button only showed once the class started. So I had her move out and now it works better, as as soon as she reaches the door, it counts as if she is already in class. 

Message 86 of 147 (2,036 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@Lapin_DemonessSame issue here. Three Sims failed or got D's in one semester despite doing homework and giving excellent presentations. New term, everyone on probation, keeping up on homework, going to every class, and turning in top-quality papers. Each emailed every professor and told they're either failing or nearly failing. Makes the game unplayable.

Message 87 of 147 (1,887 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This kept happening to me too. My Sim went on probation, so I just pulled her out and gave up. Now I have this broken DLC for a game I just bought a week or two ago and EA won't give me a refund or even exchange it for a different DLC. I was going to buy all the DLC over time the same way I bought all the DLC for Sims 3, but I don't think I should now.

Message 88 of 147 (1,798 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Had the same issue. Took 4 courses, my sim did all the homework/term papers/presentation but resulted in one a+ and the rest were F's or D's. She got put on probation and then after trying another term she had the same end result & was then suspended. No skills were maxed out. This is pretty frustrating!

Message 89 of 147 (1,724 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found this thread because I am having the exact same issue. My sim has maxed Robotics, Programming, Handiness, and Mischief and is on academic probation after failing classes despite full work turned in, and even after she got As in four other classes. This makes absolutely no sense to me! She literally cannot have higher stats, her projects and papers are done and edited and even practiced for presentation and she either 1) fails anyway or 2) passes with an A but ends up on probations anyway. She attends every class and actively listens or takes notes and is a master spell caster who lives off the potion with satisfies all needs. I just got this DLC last week and university is basically unplayable. 

Message 90 of 147 (1,645 Views)