Re: [OPEN] [DU] Sims fail university despite meeting all criteria

by iiina95

Original Post

★★★ Guide

The Eco Lifestyle patch is coming on June 2nd, so *fingers crossed* this will be fixed as a part of that. The Sims I talked about in my earlier post ended up getting Cs in the classes they were having issues with, which brought their GPAs down to like A- so it wasn't bad at all, but it seems I got lucky.

Message 101 of 147 (1,393 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm sorry to say, everyone, but this does not seem to have been addressed in the recent patch notes.

Message 102 of 147 (1,307 Views)

★★★ Guide

That is correct, according to the 6/3 patch notes they have not fixed this issue yet. I'm going to see if maybe somehow any updates they've made have helped the issue, or if it hasn't changed at all. I'm leaning more towards the latter, but I'll see what it looks like in my game.

Message 103 of 147 (1,269 Views)

★★★ Guide

I can confirm that nothing has changed in my game, which I expected. I currently have 5 Sims in uni, and 2 of them are getting the "Your Sim did the absolute minimum in class" pop up, even after being on time, doing homework, and taking notes. I'm really nervous because 2 of their 3 classes have just final exams, no term paper or presentation, so I'm just going to have to study really hard for the exams and hope that they scrape by with a C Frown

Message 104 of 147 (1,202 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Not sure if this is going to work for anyone else, but I've fixed my issue a few days ago. Even though I had no last exception I suddenly noticed that some of my build items wouldn't show up anymore. I also had the issue, and I suspect this might have been more related to this problem, that most of my computers wouldn't give me any university options. I read somewhere it had to do with having custom laptops in game, so I took out my entire build and buy cc folder and after that it worked fine! Not just the computer but my sims are getting A+ again every term! Standard smile

Perhaps check this if you have build/buy cc? Especially computers etc. maybe. 

Message 105 of 147 (1,152 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having the same problem. This makes Discover University basically unplayable for me, since when my sims get suspended, they also get kicked out from all of their organizations as well.  

Message 106 of 147 (1,110 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Exact same issue as everyone else.

All Skills for classes maxed, all homework 100% kept up on, term papers edited and submitted, presentations refine, practiced, feedbacked and finaled. After first term, where sims got straight A+'s, 2nd resulted in probation and third in suspension.

I bought this expansion yesterday when it was 50% off. Now I know why. Low blow, even for EA. Fix one expansion before you push out the next one.

Message 107 of 147 (1,043 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Bug: Sims get an F-Grade, no matter how much they do for university 

Installed Packs: All expansion, gameplay and stuff-packs, including eco-lifestyle

My Sim just got thrown out of Uni because he got another F, even though he was always on time, finished all his homework, and handed in his grade paper after the game said it would not improve any further. His professor told him he is doing great. 

This is not the case for all courses, I got an A, a C and a F two semesters ago. The A was in a course where he had to hold a presentation, but I forgot about the other two.  

Message 108 of 147 (1,016 Views)

★★★ Guide

Well I guess I have some good news..I just confirmed with a guru that the team was able to reproduce this bug and they are investigating it. Obviously there is no time frame, but I can assure you all that they are aware of it!

Message 109 of 147 (981 Views)

★★ Guide

This happened to me for the first time in my fifth term at university.

A+ GPA (taking two courses a week) and in my fifth week I started getting messages after class that essentially say I'm being lazy. I've done all the homework every day. When I email my professors they say I need to step it up. Not sure what has changed but I suspect the grades will fall this "term" for no reason.

Fix this bug, please.

Message 110 of 147 (780 Views)