Re: University class getting a bugged bad grade

by AlHollandiyah

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Sims fail university despite meeting all criteria

★★★★ Novice

No, they always take notes or actively listen. This is not a performance issue; before the update the professor feedback was outstanding, after the feedback the both failed a class each, and one got an A* and a C, and the other got a C+ and C, or something similar.

Message 41 of 147 (2,095 Views)

Re: Sim Cannot Graduate (always fails last 2 classes, skill maxed issue?)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Hi Mate, I've had a different bug but can relate to this. My sim did biology and got the gardening, Logic skill etc from 0-10 first term got a c, second term got probation, 3rd term passed with a B
Message 42 of 147 (2,081 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Sims fail university despite meeting all criteria

★★★★ Apprentice
@SimGuruNick I'm really new to sharing files, so how do I send it to the team? I've read the instructions. But do I send it to an email or something?
Message 43 of 147 (2,068 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Sims fail university despite meeting all criteria

Community Manager (retired)

@Lapin_Demoness You can shoot me a Direct Message right here with the link, thanks so much! Standard smile 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 44 of 147 (2,059 Views)

University class getting a bugged bad grade

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send a student to the University with 4 classes, do all your homework, attend all classes, do all your projects, in other words be a role model student
What happens when the bug occurs? Student gets a bad grade while they have done everything they should, right on time, with good qualtiy, and the professors being very pleased with them
What do you expect to see? When my sim has done everything they need to, including all of their homework, being on time for every class, listening actively, putting in their paper on time with an outstanding quality, and emailing their professor only to be told that they are the top of their class and the prof wished more students were like them, I expect the student to get their well deserved A+ and not a bad grade.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've read old topics about this issue, and apparently it is only partially solved. In my first term I had no problem, but my second term I kept failing at the class that had the paper to be done. No matter how much I went back to a save at the start of this term with no work done yet, she kept failing to get her deserved A+. It was during the second term of the Distinguished Communications degree.

Message 45 of 147 (1,987 Views)

Hero
@AlHollandiyah Merged your post current bug report (not sure if you're referring to this as the old topic cause this one is very much an open issue).

QA is looking for saves on this issue, so it would be great if you could share yours.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 46 of 147 (1,974 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrictAh, the one I found was closed due to "being solved", hence the new topic. I'm afraid I rage quit and threw the save, away thinking it was my fault and I did something wrong, before looking into it at the answers HQ, but I do hope they find it!

Message 47 of 147 (1,966 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Sims fail university despite meeting all criteria

★ Guide

Copy and pasting from my OF post:

My sim did two classes, a mandatory one for Language and Literature and a Wellness elective. He got A+ in the mandatory class and got an F in the Wellness class, despite handing in an outstanding term paper, attending every class and never missing homework. He even emailed the professor to be told he was "passing the class". So how on Earth does that result in an F?

Message 48 of 147 (1,912 Views)

★★ Guide

On a slight side note, I have found that usually after the last class for the paper/presentation classes you still get to make homework even though you won't have a class to hand it in to. But if you do your paper and/or presentation before that last class, then you can not make any homework after that last class, as it is considered complete and down for grading. I wonder if that not making the last homework also has effect on the grade. It shouldn't of course, because you can't be considered lazy for not doing something that wasn't assigned, but I haven't gotten around to testing this yet. Anyone else notice this?

Message 49 of 147 (1,868 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

So after two days of testing I have found 2 issues with the paper class in the second term (in the first term I got an A+ for it just fine). Note: I used the Show Sim Info mod to keep track of her job performance percentage on all of her 4 classes.

What I did was this: I had my sim make all of her homework, before the first class, between classes, and after the last regular class. I had her attend all of her classes right on time, and with "actively listening". I made sure that both her paper and her presentation were of the quality where further editing wouldn't improve the work any more. Then I took a note of the percentages before and after the final class activity (submit paper / give presentation / make exam), and what the difference was between them.

- The first thing I noticed was that submitting the paper give less then half the boost of what you get from giving a presentation or making an exam, with the paper giving either 12% or 12.8% procent extra, the presentation 28% and the exam around 29%. This means that as you get the same percentages for the classes and the homework you just can't get the same result for all types of classes without extra studying on the paper class.

- The second thing I noticed was that while I had managed to get both the paper and presentation class to 100% and both exam classes above 98% I still got an A+ for everything but the paper class, this being given an A. Now I know that an A is a high mark and surely a passed class, but with a job performance of 100%, all classes and homework attended to and a maxed quality paper this is still a bug, because all of those facts should lead to an A+.

Now as I said this was all tested in the second term. I can therefore not make any solid conclusions as to why the first term did give me an A+ for the paper class, and the second one didn't. I do have a suspicion: In the first term she did a lot of skill building, and I think that counts towards the involved subjects as well. By the time the 2nd term started she had maxed out all skills already so she didn't gain any skills during the whole term.

I hope this information can help the devs get to the bottom of this, because in a real university nobody would accept being marked down for no valid reason, so why would a sim accept anything less?

Message 50 of 147 (1,821 Views)