Re: Term Paper Not Recognized as Submitted

by sammiespitz

Original Post

Re: Sim Cannot Graduate (always fails last 2 classes, skill maxed issue?)

Hero
@RandomBuzziness AFAIK, skills improving should help with better grades but you shouldn't be failing if you don't skill up. Like, you might get a C on that class but if you go to all the classes, do all homework and your presentation/term paper/finals you shouldn't fail.

It's an interesting observation though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 147 (8,863 Views)

Re: Sim Cannot Graduate (always fails last 2 classes, skill maxed issue?)

Hero

I've had something similar and my sim is not failing but something is definitely off.  My sim had an A+ GPA through the first 2 terms (3 classes).  In term 3 (2 classes), she got an A+ in one class and for some reason I can't figure out since she did all the work and studied a bunch, a C- in the other and ended with an overall GPA of A- but still got put on probation for the next term.  That just doesn't seem right.  This is since the last patch btw.

Message 12 of 147 (8,847 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Sims fail university despite meeting all criteria

★★ Guide

This is what I came here to post about! This has happened to me since the most recent update. 

It's not 100% of the time, but it's much of the time. It's gotten very frustrating. I have 3 YA sims in one house. Only one has been getting decent grades (and still not as good as I think he would've before the update). The other two keep flunking, even though they're doing everything right. 

Message 13 of 147 (8,819 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I just had this occur for my Sim - did homework for every class, submitted 'outstanding' paper and then got an F on the class. I am running the latest version.

Message 14 of 147 (8,797 Views)

Hero
@Exwondergirl Moving this to a more current thread on this.

What skill do you need for the class and how high is your skill level already ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 147 (8,780 Views)

★★★ Novice

Happens to me too!! I work SUPER hard always doing homework, taking notes in class, office hours & emailing professors. I submit the term paper with outstanding status and POOF: I get an F and suspended 🤦🏽‍♀️😭 

Message 16 of 147 (8,764 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Sims fail university despite meeting all criteria

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Athena here just started Uni along with 5 other Vampires, many of them did fine, however the ones I expected to do better than the others, didn't. 

Athena for Example got really bad grades, even though she did her homework on time, she was late for some classes so I expected a bit lower, but getting a D+ in her elective where she already had a almost maxed out skill upon starting the class and then maxxed it out while in class. Was not expected. I agree with what somebody mentioned above, The grades seem to vary depending on how much the sim's raised their active skill level while in University but would do badly if they already had the skills required before starting. Already put 2 magicians through Uni both passed through with A and A+ in everything but started their subjects out with almost no knowledge of their subjects. 

And then for whatever reason when the new term started she had already gotten a gold checkmark for a class she just signed up for. But has not taken before, Has not failed, she just signed up for it but it looks like she's already taken the final for it. unknown.pngskills.pngwhateven.png

Message 17 of 147 (8,727 Views)

Class Failed Despite Submitting Outstanding-Quality Term Paper

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take a class at university that requires a term paper to be written. Edit the paper until it is outstanding quality, then submit it. Wait for the end of term.
What happens when the bug occurs? Despite attending every class, doing every homework assignment,studying, going up three skill points, and submitting an outstanding-quality term paper, I have had a Sim experience an unexplained failure in the class. Yes, an outright F, with an outstanding-quality term paper.
What do you expect to see? Sims should not fail a class when they haven't missed a single beat, submitting an outstanding term paper on top of that. It's as if the game isn't recognizing when a term paper has been submitted.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

There was another thread on this issue, and it was supposedly resolved. But I don't think it was, since I just had a Sim experience it, so I'm re-opening the discussion. I have since deleted the file in question, but I do think this needs attention. My Sim did everything right, including submitting a term paper of outstanding quality. Despite this, however, they still got an F in the class somehow. I've marked this as an occasional bug because, in a previous term with a class that required a term paper, this did not occur. If it helps, the specific class that this occurred with was the photography elective.

I have yet to see this occur in regular exam-type classes or classes that require a presentation. So far, it has only happened with a class that requires a term paper.

Message 18 of 147 (8,724 Views)

Re: Class Failed Despite Submitting Outstanding-Quality Term Paper

Hero
@The_Ratticator Merged this with the current thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 147 (8,700 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It happens to me, too!

I don't think it comes from the improvement of skill levels as I did both - improve a lot and not so much.

I also did all the work and ended up getting an F. This really lowers the fun while playing and I hope it gets fixed soon.

Message 20 of 147 (8,692 Views)