[OPEN] Homework is clipping with laptops/done underneath laptop

by CGrant56

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Sims do DU homework under laptops

★ Guide

Still a problem in the latest update. I attached a picture of my sim doing uni homework under the laptop. 

Message 11 of 21 (856 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Sims do DU homework under laptops

★ Guide

Confimed I still have this issue with the latest update. 

Message 12 of 21 (809 Views)

Homework clipping through laptop

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.205.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except kits, werewolves, batuu, wedding stories, high school
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place down a laptop. Have a child do homework. Changes are they will pick out the spot on the table where the laptop is.
What happens when the bug occurs? It clips.
What do you expect to see? The child or teen choosing another place to do their homework.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Homework is clipping through the laptop.

Message 13 of 21 (783 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Homework is clipping with laptops/done underneath laptop

★★ Pro

Yeah this still happens with all types of homework books. :/

Message 14 of 21 (707 Views)

★ Guide

This issue is caused by bb.moveobjects. If the laptop computer is place on the desk with this cheat, sims acts as the machines are not there and put the homework on it. I had it and fixed it with turning off bb.moveobejcts and placing pc/laptop normally. This could be another issue of course, but I’m just describing my own experience.

Message 15 of 21 (690 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Olala_1986 Thanks, I'll test this out, I even had sims eating on top of their lap tops.

I mean It would be cool if there was an additional animation where Sims hold their plate and can watch something on the lap top. But this definitely wasn't it.
Message 16 of 21 (501 Views)

★ Guide

I suggest, all this mess is related to new slots added but not recognized properly, especially at restaurants

Message 17 of 21 (496 Views)

Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Xbox Series X 
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often 50-99%
What is your current game version number? 1.82
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All content installed except for Vampires and Bust the Dust 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Ask a child to do homework.
What happens when the bug occurs? The child leaves wherever they are sitting and goes to their bedroom computer desk and sits to do their homework as if the PC isn't there.
What do you expect to see? The child should stay seated at the table or counter chosen for them instead of leaving it to sit at their computer desk, they should also recognise that there is an object in the way rather than clipping through it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes

What was the patch or change you made: Adding High School Years.

The PC was placed with MOO on, but not actually with MOO because there's plenty of room on the desk for it. I placed it again with MOO off. But I also tested with other objects to see if I could place something else through the PC and I could.  It's as if the PC is invisible. (Image attached of a medieval castle diorama placed through the PC). So I tested on other PCs and it only happens with one, the Streamers First Computer. There's a closer desk with a Tono Gold Programming laptop and that one is fine, the child doesn't go to that desk and nothing clips through that laptop which was also placed when MOO was in effect.

The only thing I can do to stop the child from going to his PC desk is to sit him down at an outside dining table some distance away and get him to do his homework (he's confident so it's Breeze through Homework).

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 18 of 21 (402 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ive been having this issue for a long time.  Especially eating with a laptop on a desk.  Even if something else is available.  I use moveobjects on.  So i turned it off and set it all up again.  And unfortunately it didnt work for me.   

Message 19 of 21 (289 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@CGrant56 i have a child sim and grade school homework also does this! it also happens with books that you purchase too, when the sims place them down under the computer
Message 20 of 21 (177 Views)