by Raynn0124

Original Post

[OPEN] [DU] Sims Receive Freelancer Award After Final Degree Report

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except the last four most recent stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Finish the last exam for the last term before graduation and wait for the final report at 6.00pm.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim will receive supreme freelancer award item in the family inventory.
What do you expect to see? Not receiving an object that is meant for freelancer career.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't think sims are meant to receive the freelancer career object when they receive their final report for a degree.

Message 1 of 11 (3,696 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Sims Receive Freelancer Award After Final Degree Report

★★ Novice

Can you check to see if your diploma is in your inventory. Like the one you hang on your wall? I got my graduation photo and just like you I received the freelancer award. But I didn't get my diploma, so I was wondering if you did.

Message 2 of 11 (3,574 Views)

★ Guide
@xDezzyHere I received my diploma at around 6pm on the day after my sim graduation ceremony not after the final report. Also, I received a notification that my sim got the diploma in the sim inventory along with the graduation photo.
Message 3 of 11 (3,563 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Actually I was trying to figure that out too and I think it has more to do with the fact the freelancer career has no career promotion levels, but as you complete the freelancer career to the Edge you get a raise and its reset back again, The Degree may add a few level raises or maybe it raises at a faster rate with a degree, I will check into it the next time I play a freelancer.  However I believe that does something in the freelancer career just don't know what.

Apparently if you get a degree that is connected to one of the freelancer careers the degree allows you to skip the promotional grinding for a raise and your start the job at the highest performance level.  This only effects the freelancer careers and not the work from home careers. 

Message 4 of 11 (3,556 Views)

★★ Guide

Which degree did your Sim earn?

Message 5 of 11 (3,537 Views)

★ Guide

@Bra1nBlast3d It was physic so I don't think it should boost the freelancer career as @Sid1701d9 mentioned.

Message 6 of 11 (3,530 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you! I must have something else wrong because I never received it.

Message 7 of 11 (3,496 Views)

★ Guide
@xDezzyHere You can try to reload your save file before the final report and see if you get any notification regarding the graduation ceremony in the next few days after. It should be added on the calendar for the household under event. I always save often and make several different save files for one household because I know the more recent sims games are really buggy (3&4) except the sims 1 and 2 since they are almost flawless from what I remember playing ages ago. At least TS4 is more stable than TS3.
Message 8 of 11 (3,459 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I've done a house with 6 young adults who all got their various degrees (all different) and they all got this freelancer award.

Just for the record; they all got their diplomas. Only half of them got their graduation pics bc you can't go to both institutions on the same day (which is imo an issue but not a bug).

Message 9 of 11 (3,425 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

I noticed the award pop up in household inventory too - my house that 8 students shared now has 9 of them (one girl did a second degree); Another house with 2 students has 2 as well.  About half of them went to their graduation ceremonies; they all have their degree certificates.

The degrees were in: Culinary Arts, Drama, Computer Science, Language & Literature (x2), Physics, Communications, Psychology, History, Biology, Fine Art, Art History.  All were distinguished degrees; I don't think any were honours (managing 8 students at once isn't easy!).

Message 10 of 11 (3,292 Views)