Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Sim uses bike inside/gets stuck without telling them to

by rostsit

Original Post

Champion

@PriestessAvenara Yes! Lol! Standard smile I want an outdoor bike rack we can add where everyone parks their bikes before coming in, and takes them with upon exit! Thinking

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 11 of 22 (1,412 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

Does the bug with sims preferring bikes to other methods of travelling (mage teleporting, vampiric, etc) need its separate thread or this one is enough?

Message 12 of 22 (1,398 Views)

Hero
@rostsit Def a separate thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 22 (1,384 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@PriestessAvenara 

I second this. this idea needs to be added to the game.

Dev team should take note. riding bike's indoor's should be made not possible. Standard smile 

Message 14 of 22 (1,336 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

We've had trouble reproducing this, could anyone possibly share a save file? You can DM the link to me, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 15 of 22 (1,273 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Here is a save where my sims autonomously use their bikes to ride from place to place in their house. I also took screen shot of the problem in action. He got on the bike to get from the bathroom to the computer.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KGJgm49joKsWOyAXhdNq_qkyr0xMaUtb/view?usp=sharing

Message 16 of 22 (1,153 Views)

Re: [DU] bike riding issues

★★★★ Apprentice

For me, the "ride bike around" interaction is super glitchy even outside. My sim will ride around for a while and then she stops and just stands there for a long time. Then she freezes with her arms out, disappears, and reappears somewhere else. It's super annoying.

Message 17 of 22 (1,093 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Sim uses bike inside/gets stuck without telling them to

★★★★ Novice
@unagidanielle I have the same problems. Also when i want my sim to bike somewhere, she'll run there and then pull her bike out after.
Message 18 of 22 (1,045 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Sim uses bike inside/gets stuck without telling them to

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the problem where its the npcs that are riding their bikes indoors and getting stuck on community lots

Message 19 of 22 (1,014 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@SheriGR Oh that would be nice to have that in the game. I kind of did like that by taking the bikes out of their inventory and just placing them next to each other to prevent that autonomous riding. But, that would solve so much for the sims to "park" their bikes just outside, much like parking a car (~cough~). :D
Message 20 of 22 (982 Views)