by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [DU] Sim stuck at work - Going to Work while on non-home Uni lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Moschino Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1: Have Sims that have a job while in University go to their jobs while you are active outside of the home lot (For example, at the Bar.) 2: Once the Sims that are supposed to work go to their jobs, go back to your home lot in some way (You can test this either with having all Sims go to work, or have one Sim go back to the home lot.)
What happens when the bug occurs? - All Sim that are supposed to be at work are at the active lot, however they show as "At work" on the Sim Household bar at the bottom of the screen, with their work options still selectable. - Sims that are at the active lot, but supposed to be at work, are completely controllable, except that you are not able to center upon them by double-clicking them on the Household bar, and you can't follow them by right-clicking them on the household bar. - Sims that are at the active lot, but supposed to be at work, also can not have their inventories accessed, as they are treated as being away for work. - Sims that are at the active lot, but supposed to be at work, still generate work performance even though they are not at work. - When the Sim's work hours expire, they are then fully accessible again, and are treated as if they had actually spent their time at work. (This includes with moodlets in some cases.)
What do you expect to see? - When a Sim goes to work, they should be off lot until their work hours are over, or they are called home. - Sims that are on the active lot should have their inventories accessible.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch from 11/12/19, and after Discover University was installed on 11/14 to 11/15.

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template, Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 12 (4,842 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Sims On Active Lot, but Greyed Out On Sim List

★★ Novice
@EA_Maiburin077 I have all the same issues (except I have all packs including Moschino). Additionally, when the Sims come home from work and are treated as if they had actually been at work the whole time, their promotion requirements and daily tasks don't reset (if I completed the task prior to work, they are still complete when they get home).
Message 2 of 12 (4,719 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have seen it happening here. It was a while ago, but I hope I'm able to reproduce what happens.

Sim is attending Foxbury university and lives on campus in the dorms right next to the stadium. He's a soccer player.
I think what happened was that he was at the Foxbury commons and the time to go to soccer came, so he jogged off.
The game then switched back to the dorms, that's when I encounteres the bug as well. He was showing as "at soccer", but he wasn't.

Message 3 of 12 (4,684 Views)

Hero
@burin077 Is this still happening for you after the patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (4,617 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This just happened to me earlier today. Sim was stuck in a class even after changing lots with them and the leave early button doesn't work. No mods in my game. I also have the save file if you need it.

Message 5 of 12 (4,595 Views)

Hero
@ringdingdong42 Are you on PC/Mac or console ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (4,581 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm on PC

Message 7 of 12 (4,571 Views)

Hero
@ringdingdong42 Do you also have a job and did it happen as described in the first post ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (4,562 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It happened with the University class rabbit hole and my sim was in the e-sports extracurricular. Other than that the bug is the same as the one described in the first post.

Message 9 of 12 (4,537 Views)

Re: Sims stay at lecture when it ends

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone seeing this possibly provide me with a save file, to help us figure this out? Thanks so much for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 12 (4,469 Views)