Re: Sims stuck in university activity, won’t go to class or work and free will o

by crinrict

Original Post

Game says Sim is still at University Class, but isn't

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? Most recent PC version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Get To Work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not really sure, I just sent my sim to class and it happened.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim appears to be in class but isn't.
What do you expect to see? My sim going to class properly and returning.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have two sims attending College, and while one of them appears to be acting normally, for the other, it says she's still in class, despite leaving class several hours before. She can still do most things (except access her inventory), including travelling, going to other classes, and doing household things, but it still shows her being in class. 

Sims4ScreenshotBug1.png

UPDATE #1: Nevermind, I'm not certain if she can attend class or not in this state.

UPDATE #2: I have discovered a "fix", if you can call it that. By going to "edit household" and saving the household in CAS, deleting the sim, and then re-adding her from the save, she no longer experiences the problem. While she still appears to be fully enrolled in her classes, her previous relationships no longer exist, and her genealogy is wiped. I'm still looking for a fix that doesn't do all that.

UPDATE #3: By marking the household unplayed, switching to another household, and waiting several days, the problem resolved itself, although the term ended and my Sim is now on probation. I'm not certain if the issue was fixed by completing the term, by waiting as another household, or by some combination of both.

Message 41 of 48 (935 Views)

I thought this part (entering the subject) was a title...I got frustrated.....

★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday Celebration Pack, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic, StrangerVille, and Vampires.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know. It just happened without any notable signs.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim went to a university after school activity and they came back home out of the blue. They're UI picture, the small one, greyed out as though they were still at the activity without the buttons.
What do you expect to see? My sim staying at the activity until it's over.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I visited another lot with another sim from the same household and their friends to attend the game but that didn't work. After that, I noted, in the notification wall, that the sim with the issue went to the after school activity, quit the team, and then the notification wall showed the result of the game. It may have shown the result of the game because I sent a group to attend the game. I attempted to use another sim from the same household to invite them to another lot and, when that happened, I received an error message about restarting the game. I did so without saving because the message, well, didn't say to save the game. When the game opened and the save was loaded, I reenrolled the sim with the issue back into the university and had them move to university housing. It seems to work and I even restarted the game once more to see if that somehow corrupted the save but it didn't.

Just so you know, I became frustrated because I thought I couldn't send this issue because I couldn't find the subject bar to edit. In other words, I thought the "Click or tap to edit subject" at the very top of the "Ask a Question" form was a title and I became frustrated. Please fix the subject part of the form asap. Thank you.

Message 42 of 48 (885 Views)

Re: I thought this part (entering the subject) was a title...I got frustrated...

Hero
@HarryPotter4444 Merging this with the main stuck at class/multiple Sim household thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 48 (828 Views)

Re: sims still gets stuck in university icon

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I am having the same issue. Ive waited until the end if term and it didn't resolve. Tried moving out of household too, still didnt work. Not sure what to do. theres no option to withdraw from them, only drop out ofUni and that erases all credit. 

Message 44 of 48 (787 Views)

Sims stuck in university activity, won’t go to class or work and free will on

★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have everything except strangerville, vampires, laundry day stuff, vintage glamour, romantic garden stuff and the goulish guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Idk
What happens when the bug occurs? Something happened with my sims when I sent them to university. He would not go to class. The option to send to class does not work. When it shows him being late and lights up red he still would not go. He failed the semester and now back at the normal house it still shows him at a school activity. I can not select to leave early. The icon is constantly next to the sim. Now he won’t go to work. I also have free will turned off but this sim will do whatever he wants. Reset sim does not work. He will not go to work. I have tried moving him out, didn’t work. The is no work outfit to try that fix. I do not use mods. I am afraid to take any other sims to university if it is going to break them like this. He also constantly won’t to tell his girlfriend fake bad news.
What do you expect to see? I would like to see my sim fixed. At least go to work again. Stop having random free will although it’s turned off. He is a part of the a large multi generational family so I don’t want to lose the whole family
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

1. FCC
Message 45 of 48 (830 Views)

Re: Sims stuck in university activity, won’t go to class or work and free will o

★ Novice
@Mightymidget86 The girlfriend went to university at the same time and she has free will even though I have it turned off as well.
Message 46 of 48 (810 Views)

Hero
@Mightymidget86 Hm, merging this with the stuck at class thread.

Usually dropping out of Uni should solve this

Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 47 of 48 (741 Views)

★ Novice

How do I do that? Sorry haha

Message 48 of 48 (693 Views)