Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Sims On Active Lot, but Greyed Out On Sim List

by KaraDM

Original Post

sims 4 discover university "in class" glitch

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi

So I've only just managed to upgrade my laptop and bought sims 4 discover university. During first time playing it, I've encountered my sim (1 sim household, moved into university accommodation, etc) going to class, leaving at the appropriate finishing time, but her portrait remains greyed out as though she is still in class. Sometimes I am able to control her and make her do things as normal, some other times the command cancels itself out and she can't attend any other class. I also cannot access her inventory for homework. I know this was brought up a while back and supposedly resolved, but mine is glitched. I have no CC installed either, I've repaired the game and updated everything. Any ideas?

Message 31 of 48 (930 Views)

Re: sims 4 discover university "in class" glitch

Hero
@PeachesTHxo If you have just one Sim then your issue is probably different.

Did you go to another lot then home lot before she had to go to class ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 48 (865 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

I just had it happened tonight.  My sim came home from his job but the little icon of his face still had the look that he was at work.

Message 33 of 48 (838 Views)

Says Im in class when Im not

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Vampires, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Holiday Celebration and Grims Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure to be honest
What happens when the bug occurs? I am not able to access inventory, sim can not go to another class and action queue is unchangeable
What do you expect to see? For my sim to leave class and have their actions reflect they are out of class and for inventory to be accessible.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Not much else 

Message 34 of 48 (704 Views)

Re: Says Im in class when Im not

★★★ Newbie

I'd also like to note that I did not save this play through in hopes of being able to hop on and have a different  outcome. I've read that this has happened to others playthroughs  but with work and not uni.

Message 35 of 48 (694 Views)

Re: Says Im in class when Im not

Hero
@journeyceleste Do you play a multiple Sim household at Uni ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 48 (660 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Sim stuck at Class - Multiple Sims household at Uni

★★★ Newbie

Me too, I'm also having this issue here.

Message 37 of 48 (805 Views)

Hero
@KaraDM So your Sim is stuck at work and not at class ?

@RussianTimelord What is it for you ? Class or Work ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 48 (794 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Work.  He came back when I reopened the game though.

Message 39 of 48 (769 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Having this same issue. I've tried debugging the sim through testing cheats and going into CAS. Nothing has helped and I just got the pack maybe 3 hours ago. I have a single young adult sim and she won't return from class. I raised her from a toddler up to young adult, so she came from a 3-person household previously. Seems to be a bug with the newest update and I really hope the Sims team fixes it soon. I’m willing to give a save file from a Mac if necessary, too. 

Message 40 of 48 (739 Views)