Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Sim doesn't go to soccer/esports practice unless at dorms

by NameGani

Original Post

[OPEN] [DU] Sim doesn't go to soccer/esports practice unless at dorms

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except toddler stuff, kids room stuff, and romantic garden stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have sim visit one of the "commons" building on campus right before soccer or esports practice begins. when its time for practice, click go to activity button.
What happens when the bug occurs? i send my sim to the commons building for lunch before soccer or esports practice, when it comes time for practice to start, i click the go to activity button but it drops and cancels UNLESS i first go home. the only way for my sim to go to practice is to first go home and then click go to practice. coupled with the fact that there is no option to send them to practice or class early, this bug makes my sim late to practice.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to be able to go to practice from wherever they are in the world when i click the go to activity button, without having to waste time having them jog all the way back home. when i click the go to activity button, the sim should make their way out of their current venue and they should disappear to wherever practice is, much like how sims disappear when you send them off to work. i should not have to first go home before i can click the activity button as this wastes time and results in my sim being late to practice.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. bugs came with the discover university download.

Message 1 of 3 (4,474 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] soccer/eports practice bugs

Hero
@unagidanielle I did see similar to this although mine actually did go to practice on their own. The weird thing was that it said: Go to work .. it made her go to the dorm and from there to soccer practice.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (4,400 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Sim doesn't go to soccer/esports practice unless at dorms

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I had something similar happen the first time I had my sim go to class.  They're a single parent so they can't live on campus (even though at THAT point they were a single parent of a cat and not pregnant), but I figured that I could explore campus and do what I could while not actually living there.  Well, my sim is a spellcaster with "Always Transportalate" on, so they decided to autonomously teleport to the furthest corner of the map to spawn a random laptop on a picnic table.  Once class started, they pulled out their books and walked as slow as possible to the furthest exit point on the map (no teleport THEN pull the books out) then I was teleported to my HOME lot, then the books got whipped out again and off to class I went... just to come back home because I had completely missed it.  I've been afraid to leave my home lot on class days because of that and feel like I'm missing out on a lot of game play.

TLDR; I've had the same thing happen when going for classes when not living on campus.

Update: 

I think I figured something out, maybe.

I took a chance and had my sim, who now had an athletic scholarship, go to the UBrite Commons on Friday for the game (as they're currently a UBrite member).  As soon as the game started, they were transported back to their home lot and halfway through the game they "left early" and the game never completed.  Did it again on Saturday and had no issue, the game with fine and they even won.

Tried that again for the second term, same thing.  Saved before the game started on Friday and was transported from the UBright Commons back to their home lot, leaving the game early and unfinished.  Reloaded a couple times, then tried over at the other campus.  No issue.  Game seems to be going fine, it's paused currently but without being forced back to the home-lot first, here are my suspicions:

For the games, you have to be at the right Campus Commons in order to not be forced back to the home-lot.  I.E. on Fridays E-Sports are at the UBrite Arena while the soccer games are at the other one; then switched on Saturday.

This should be the same for classes, or at least the issue I had earlier, as when I was transported back to my home-lot for the first class I tried, I was hanging out in the Library lot in between both campuses.  Theoretically, I should be fine if I hang out at the Commons between classes.  Perhaps next term I'll test my theory out; although, I am currently caring for a toddler and a newborn, so maybe next degree.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 3 of 3 (4,343 Views)