Re: [OPEN] [DU] [SE] Limited shower choices while Energized (open showers)

by siirysiir

Original Post

[OPEN] [DU] [SE] Limited shower choices while Energized (open showers)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GET TO WORK, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape. OUTDOOR RETREAT, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic, Journey to Batuu. LUXURY PARTY, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Fitness, Toddler, Laundry Day, My First Pet, Moschino, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting. HOLIDAY.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get Energized and try to take a shower at the Sutefani Onsen Bathhouse.
What happens when the bug occurs? Shower choices are limited to Take a Brisk Shower and Take a Steamy Shower.
What do you expect to see? Take a Shower, Take a Brisk Shower, Take a Thoughtful Shower, Take a Steamy Shower, and Take a Speedy Shower.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Snowy Escape.

I've recently noticed that my Sim is limited to Brisk and Steamy showers when she is Energized, using the Steamy Times Shower at the Sutefani Onsen Bathhouse. In the past, my Sims have always been able to take normal showers, plus Brisk, Thoughtful, and Steamy showers. In addition, they were able to take Speedy showers when Energized and Cold showers when Flirty.

My current Sim has the portable It's A Shower Tarp! from Outdoor Retreat in her personal inventory, so I dragged it onto the lot. She can take Brisk, Thoughtful, Steamy, and Speedy showers using the portable shower while Energized but normal showers are still missing. I have not checked any other showers, lots, moods, or Sims.

A similar problem was reported in the Technical Issues forum in April but it has been marked as Solved.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 9 (2,544 Views)

Re: Limited shower choices while Energized

Hero
@Sketch793 Did you only test that shower or does it happen with others as well ? Only at the onsen or otherwise

There used to be bug with that that was fixed but maybe they put it back for that one shower, so would be good if you could test others to see if it's the onsen that's an issue or the shower (currently don't have time to test myself)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (2,499 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I am still noticing this with the DU shower on my sim's home lot, so perhaps it's just an issue with the open showers and I just tried it again on Magic HQ (my sims happened to be there and one was energized so use the freebuild cheat to add one). I attach a screenshot of the options. I have no mods in my game and have all the packs. Game version is PC: 1.68.156.1020.

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 3 of 9 (2,481 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@crinrict I've only tested the two showers I mentioned in my report. I've been playing other games recently, so I haven't had time for any further checks.

Message 4 of 9 (2,452 Views)

Hero
@Sketch793 OK. Did a quick test.

Seems it's only the two open showers from Uni and Snowy Escape. The IL one is fine.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (2,437 Views)

★ Pro

Have used the DU and SE open showers since patch 1.70.84.1020 and the limited options while energized is still an issue.

Play on PC with all content released to date installed, English, never used mods/cc.

Message 6 of 9 (2,356 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Pro

Yeah, this has been quite annoying because we don't get the "Take speedy shower" option. It's such a convenient time saver, especially when you're in a hurry to get to your university class... Here's a screenshot with an energized sim trying to take a shower with the DU open shower if it's any use.

03-28-22_2-30-54 AM.png

But I'd say this is 100% reproduceable, just take an energized sim and check to see the missing options on the open showers and this is what you'll see. Only steamy and brisk shower options available.

Message 7 of 9 (2,028 Views)

★ Guide

I did some digging into the tuning for this, and figured out what the issue was; for whatever reason EA had made it so that thoughtful, speedy and regular showers for the wall showers are disallowed when sims are Energized. These tests are not present in the tuning for Steamy showers or Brisk showers, which is why they show up as normal on the open showers.

For now I have made a fix for this issue by essentially cloning the EA interactions and inverting the tests in the clone (so the custom interaction only shows up on Energized sims). The only thing EA would need to do to fix it officially would be to remove the mood test shown in the spoiler below entirely in their respective tunings.

For those who are into coding, see the spoiler below - this test was in the shower_takeshower_wall_YAEshower_takeshower_wall_YAE_Energized and shower_takeshower_wall_YAE_Thoughtful tunings, which causes those interactions to not show up for energized sims:

Spoiler
<L n="tests">
  <L>
    <V t="mood">
      <U n="mood">
        <T n="disallow">True</T>   <!--This is the problem here, though the test as a whole is not necessary-->
        <T n="mood">14636<!--Mood: Mood_Energized--></T>
      </U>
    </V>
  </L>
</L>

Message 8 of 9 (1,754 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I can confirm I have this one too.

quickshowerbug2.jpg

Message 9 of 9 (252 Views)