Re: [OPEN] [DU] Random portrait of servos after graduation

by rostsit

Original Post

Re: Servo Random Graduation Picture

★★★★ Pro
@rostsit To be frank, that’s not the lazy way, that’s the common way. They’ve done it like that in all The Sims games, and it’s done in similar ways in other games. The reason is because in The Sims the sims have millions of lines of code for all kinds of things, every animation, all interactions, how relationships works etc etc, so it’s way easier to just add a skin, lock that skin (which is what isn’t working properly in this case) and then add exceptions in the tuning files, exceptions are like “if this sim is a servo, don’t do this thing”, which can be for example eating or peeing. This way it’s very easy to miss things to remove, but it’s so much more easy than to add a separate new entity.
Message 11 of 21 (715 Views)

Re: Servo Random Graduation Picture

★★★★★ Guide

@SqueamishNerdlol lazy way=easy way, yet you are claiming they are not lazy while admitting they've chosen the easiest way possible :D

I'm fully aware it was the same in the previous games, I liked to mess with it in TS2.

But 10 years later you expect to see some improvement. Too bad it's not the case and it even doesn't work properly.

Message 12 of 21 (711 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Random portrait of servos after graduation

★★★ Newbie

Mine did the same! They just have servo eyes over top. Mine even has a hat lol

Message 13 of 21 (627 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Random portrait of servos after graduation

★★★ Guide

I'm also seeing this detail. My robot just graduated and when I saw her graduation photo, the human version of her appears instead of the robot version. Game on pc and game version is: 1.87.40.1030 02-05-22_15-53-57.png02-05-22_15-54-29.png

Message 14 of 21 (567 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

2 1/2 years later and this is still an issue. I would much prefer if I could display my servo's graduation portrait, but a random sim with servo eyes is not it.1a.png

Message 15 of 21 (465 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Andrea058523Agreed.

Only this is not a "random" sim" this is actually how your servo looks without its servo "dress". Yes, a dress, because EA couldn't be bothered to create a really new type of sims, recycling is everything, thus they just locked a dress on a regular sim. And this bug somehow overwrites their locking.

Message 16 of 21 (451 Views)

★ Guide
@rostsit still a randomly generated sim. I am aware that the servo is a sim in a servo skin. but this bug report thread has been here long enough for EA to add the necessary exceptions to allow the skin to remain in place for uni pictures.

Message 17 of 21 (428 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Andrea058523Every Sim is randomly generated then, following your logic Standard smile Only that you can change their appearance later, if you want. What I've meant is that this is an actual look of your specific sim, it won't change if you make another portrait from Uni or make the sim normal using mods or revert this sim's age to child and then back to adult - it will always keep this exact face and body. I.e. it randomly generates any servo only once - after their activation. The game won't randomly generate another appearance for servos every time this or another bug occurs.

Message 18 of 21 (417 Views)

★ Guide
@rostsit you are off topic here. the problem isn't whether or not the sim in the picture is the base sim for the servo, it's that the photo doesn't show the servo skin. picking on whether or not that base sims appearance qualifies as random or not is a pointless and unhelpful argument.
Message 19 of 21 (394 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

You made this post a long time ago but I wanted to say that servos indeed are Sims that have the robo-costume. Since the graduation photo must have a Sim with the university gown, the game changes servo's outfit to one it's not supposed to have so this bug occurs. That's why they also have the ability to shave (another bug concerning servos smh). I don't know if servos will be revisited by Maxis because they seem to always overlook them. But this is genuinely annoying.

Message 20 of 21 (256 Views)