Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] [DU] Option to write Term Paper disappears

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send a sim to University (mine is at Foxbury in Term 2 of the Villainy Degree, taking the following courses: Understanding the Underlings, Sizing Up Schematics, and Mastering Laser Mazes) and take two courses that require a Term Paper. Complete the first Term Paper...and the option to write the other term paper disappears. The only remaining options in that menu radial are "Cheat on Homework" and "Study"
What happens when the bug occurs? The option to write the term paper for your other course disappears
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to write and submit both term papers
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sim at university with 2 term papers due loses option to complete second one after completing the first.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 14 (11,253 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Option to write Term Paper disappears

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Could anyone who's seen this issue possibly share a save file? Thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 8 of 14 (10,639 Views)

All Replies

Re: Option to write Term Paper disappears

[ Edited ]
Hero

@cearwylm I did this in my game already and was able to send in both.

But I started both at the same time, then sent one in, finished the other and sent that in.

I didn't Did you not start the second one before finishing/sending in the first at all ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (11,182 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Okay...I would still expect to be able to write both papers even if you complete one paper before starting the other, but I'll try starting them both before finishing one as a workaround in the future.

Message 3 of 14 (11,151 Views)

Hero
@cearwylm It was mainly a question :D

(with a typo)

Do try if it works for you if you start both at the same time or if that also doesn't work.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (11,142 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ha, okay Standard smile

I'll do some testing with that and update with results. Thanks!

Message 5 of 14 (11,121 Views)

★ Guide

My issue here is that initially, only 1 term paper showed up to be written (hadn't started either). As soon as I started writing the first, my Sim suddenly stopped after only like, a few minutes and it said I had submitted the term paper even though she'd barely started writing it. After this, the 2nd term paper went fine but it led to her failing the class of the first term paper despite always doing her homework, being on time for class and everything, so I'm honestly extremely disappointed about it - and a bit angry, too. 

Message 6 of 14 (10,804 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

I only had one term paper to write. I started it, but then it disappeared.  I haven't sent it in or anything.  There were only two classes in the week, so the classes are over and done with, but the term paper option is gone and there are still technically 4 days left of term. It's so annoying since I never got a chance to send in my last term's term paper and flunked the course.

Message 7 of 14 (10,797 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Could anyone who's seen this issue possibly share a save file? Thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 14 (10,640 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Option to write Term Paper disappears

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the problem where I go to click on the laptop or computer and the university option doesn't pop up all my mods are updated I've tried everything what is the problem?

Message 9 of 14 (8,817 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Option to write Term Paper disappears

★★★★ Novice

I cant get this, I have like all my sims on probation from college, one I have re enrolled five times. I remover the fast homework mod thinking it might be the issue. Still not sure but its very frustrating.  I am an old timer been playing since the first sims.  Stopped playing for 10 years and I am back on with sims 4.  So far I have 6 students on probation, 3 kicked out of school I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

Message 10 of 14 (8,128 Views)