Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Sim stuck as "Graduate" after graduation

by Schwarzbart00

Original Post

Re: Sims discovery bug with npc and non played homes

Hero
@desertrose0601 Good choice

Yes, mine was an NPC. I graduated, then had him move in with my Sim.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 137 (3,891 Views)

★ Pro

Can't you go back to the sports arena and try to "Attend Graduation" (starts at 10 am)? Or do you have to be there at the end of your last term?

Message 32 of 137 (3,882 Views)

Hero
@kusurusu I didn't test that. Will do in the afternoon.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 137 (3,856 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have this problem with my Sim's fiancée, I even tried the cheats mod like was suggested and even after going to graduation, she didn't get a diploma so far and is stuck as a graduate on the school menu. She was a NPC (Delilah Kendrick) that my Sim dated in college and I moved her in after they both graduated, or "graduated" in Delilah's case. Frown

Well, the next day she got her diploma, then I tried to get her a job as a musician and then it wouldn't show up in the job menu, so I saved and quit to see if it would show up then.... but then I got an error code. 102:ee24dd4:4e6f578f D: So there goes that save file, I suppose...

Message 34 of 137 (3,802 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@NumeroLetter Could you send me your save. It was fine for me when I tried this.

Which cheat did you try ? The graduation one ?

Do you have a backup ? The game makes automatic ones too but they get overwritten each 5 times you save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 35 of 137 (3,778 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I’ve just used the cheats for my former NPC and it worked. Copy and pasted the cheat from Carl’s site and made sure to remove the stuck university career first Standard smile

Maybe it’s hit and miss?

Update: @crinrict Worked for me! Thank you Standard smile

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 36 of 137 (3,725 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Sim stuck as "Graduate" after graduation

★ Guide

I have something similar. When my sim goes to her graduation she gets a graduation photo,but not an diploma. When she doesn't go to the graduation she gets her diploma but no photo. After that she can move out and can apply for a high level job.   

Message 37 of 137 (3,699 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@xpeachsweettea Thank you. This was my exact problem word for word and your solution fixed it. Seems that this one is fairly common judging by all the responses.
Message 38 of 137 (3,684 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same thing happen when using the all cheats mod and the graduation cheat. I graduated the sim but when I went to manage worlds to switch households, I got a loading screen and then I just took me back to the world map and gave me that error.

Message 39 of 137 (3,650 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I had this bug with my played Sim that never was a NPC when the map for traveling opened exact the time I got the final grades on the last day (6:10 PM or something like that). Afterward I never got the message for the graduation ceremony to be soon or even the invite to attend it what result that I also not got the diploma. Adding the degree via both possible cheat didn't change that I couldn't join for a new degree in the University or that I can join the Jobs at the higher level.

With a new character I found out that the Graduation invite all sims to meet at 10 AM at the entrance of the sportbuilding of the University and start the graduation ceremony at 11 AM the day after your last class day.

( I no longer have the save with the char that got the bug also I initial reported the issue in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/My-Degree-is-Worth-Diddly-HELP/td-p/844633... )

Message 40 of 137 (3,668 Views)