[OPEN] [DU] Multiple Identical School Spirit Day Notifications (1.68)

by Nalthari

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Multiple Identical School Spirit Day Notifications (1.68)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Why does it take the team over 2 years to look into an issue like this? I read old posts that were marked as "Fixed" because a patch note claims it will be fixed when it isn't. I had been sending all of my sims to Britechester, but this time I sent my sim to Foxbury and received over 80 school spirit alerts. The only thing I can really ask of you is to STOP marking things fixed before there is confirmation of a fix. *snip*

(CM: Edited to remove portion per forum rules)

Message 31 of 55 (955 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@xriprizzle When a bug gets officially fixed, EA wants the threads to be closed down and new threads if it's still occurring. It's about a fresh me too count and also in some cases different causes for the same symptoms (which probably isn't the case for this bug) in which case they want a new thread.

(also, on a personal note: I can tell you that most of the time people don't come back to confirm if something is fixed. Only to say it's not)

More info on the bug forum here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Bugs-and-The-Sims-101-Everything-you-need-to-know/m-p/10727753

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 55 (936 Views)

★ Apprentice

Still happening for me too! Glad it’s being worked on because it is really disruptive!

Message 33 of 55 (846 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I had this too. Thankfully not game breaking but I'm having fun finding all the bugs in this game. This is my fourth post on the forum! How exciting!

Message 34 of 55 (800 Views)

Multiple School Spirit Day Notifications (still happening in 2022)

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.87.40.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP's except for Get Famous and Island Living. GP: Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat. SP: Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Fitness, Kid's Room, Cool Kitchen and the Free Holiday stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play with Discover University, enroll in Foxbury (assumedly this also happens with the other university however I have not tested this), and wait for the School Spirit Day notification.
What happens when the bug occurs? Instead of just popping up once, you will receive multiple notifications about it being School Spirit Day simultaneously. It also appears that every School Spirit Day you pass, the more simultaneous notifications you get. For example, when I first noticed the bug, I received 3 simultaneous notifications. The next time, it was 5. This last time, I had to click through at least 7 of the exact same School Spirit Day notification that all popped up at the exact same time.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see one notification for this event, no more, no less.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It is worth mentioning that I do not live in the "student housing" and instead am living in an apartment in San Myshuno. 

Message 35 of 55 (738 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wait until the weekend where the notification should pop up.
What happens when the bug occurs? After the first week an additional notification to the week before pops up.
What do you expect to see? Only one notification.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have this issue, too. I first ignored it bc I had used mods for a very long while but I just deleted the document folders completely and repaired the game to get a clean slate and I'm only using the un-modded basegame (and I have all add-ons and expansion packs) and I actually thought at first it was fixed.

Because in week one there was only one notification.

Then in week two came two.

Week three three notifications appeared and so on.

I'm now at week five and there were five notifications.

I actually hadn't noticed that before because I was at a point where I was "used to" there being just lots of notifications so I just closed several dozens of them (or ignored them) every time and didn't think much about it anymore.

But the brand new and cleared game showed me that it's giving me for each week I played +1 notifications.

Message 36 of 55 (647 Views)

School spirit day bug

★★★ Newbie

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.91.186.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & dogs Strangerville Discover university Paranormal Cottage living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Multiple school spirit day notifications for foxbury but there is no school spirit day when at location
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try to visit school spirit day at foxbury it isn’t there despite multiple school spirit day notifications
What do you expect to see? School spirit day
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Screenshot 

Message 37 of 55 (584 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Nalthari This definitely happens in English and 100% of the time when a sim attends that university.
Message 38 of 55 (417 Views)

★★★ Newbie
it’s good to know at least i’m not alone in this more recently. i never had issues with notifications at foxbury previously since i’ve played through several generations now in that same save the issue is occurring. i was also having issues mentioned in the thread. i started off noticing the ping pong table wasn’t working consistently when you tried to play juice pong with a teammate, then i was having the spirit day items appear for me maybe half the time but sims always appeared for it/changed their outfits to match spirit day because i saved right before it started since i noticed the table issue beforehand. however, i didn’t receive a notification for the event a single time until the next day when i received so many i couldn’t even count them all. i haven’t played much beyond the first two days of the term so i’m not sure how often it would occur beyond that. i also noticed the brainiacs event didn’t have a notification but met up at the bar at the correct time.
Message 39 of 55 (374 Views)

★★ Guide

I lost count after 15 of the same notification Disappointed

Message 40 of 55 (300 Views)