[FIXED] [DU] Law: Work from Home task not doable

by rottenmeier

Original Post

Re: Law: Option to sort file doesn't show up on Computer

★★★ Newbie

Hi, did u ever fix this issue? I’m having the same trouble.

Message 51 of 73 (1,705 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Law: Work from Home task not doable

★★ Pro

In the gardener field, I've had to splice before my character could actually splice a plant. I guess they were assuming I was high enough to get a promotion, but I wasn't yet. I'd just gotten a promotion.

On a side note, I've also had instances where I get a promotion, work from home, and don't have enough time to complete the work from home task before my new promoted job title starts that very same day and expects me to do a new work from home task just because the new title starts later in the day than the previous one.

For instance, I was supposed to make a flower arrangement with a scent, and suddenly my newly gotten that day promotion job started only two hours later and I just couldn't finish the bouquet in time before getting that new assignment. Next thing I know my performance is down and it wasn't even my fault. Frown

Message 52 of 73 (1,682 Views)

Hero
@PriestessAvenara This is about the law career work from home tasks. If you have issues with gardener, it's best to create a fresh thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 73 (1,674 Views)

★★ Guide
@rottenmeier Try the researcher, rather than the computer??
Message 54 of 73 (1,623 Views)

Sims 4- Law Career Issues

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most recent PC version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University and Island Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just join the law career, get to like lvl 4 or 5, and it'll probably happen
What happens when the bug occurs? I lose the option to "File Court Documents".
What do you expect to see? "File Court Documents"
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Basically, the issue appears at around lvl 4-5 of the law career; I randomly lose the option to file court documents, yet I get work-from-home assignments that require it. I'm losing out on a lot of money in my lawyer households. This issue has happened twice, in 2 different households, in 2 different saves, both the only ones to get that far in the career at all.

Another issue that I'm guessing isn't exactly a bug (but I can't be certain, I don't fully know the programmers' intentions) but is still a really annoying is the daily task to "offer legal representation", which requires you to successfully take on like 6 sims a day as clients, which is waaaay too many, without the ability to do this more than once, so even if I successfully manage to achieve that on a near-daily basis, sooner or later I'd run out of sims to ask, leaving me unable to complete the assignment. This is, in my opinion, unnecessarily difficult, and I hope it's changed to be relatively easier in the future.

Message 55 of 73 (1,614 Views)

Re: Law: Option to sort file doesn't show up on Computer

★ Novice

This issue still hasn’t been fixed currently have this exact problem

Message 56 of 73 (1,580 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue- a Sim reached level 6 of the law career, and now when he works from home one of his tasks is to "File Court Documents," but that option no longer appears on his computer nor on any public computers in the world. (I tried giving home both the Strangerville laptop computer and the most basic desktop PC.) 

Message 57 of 73 (1,492 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@LisaLadybirD82 I've looked on the research machine as well, it's not there either.
Message 58 of 73 (1,491 Views)

★★ Guide

@AspectWindow I am sorry I was no help on this occasionZipped lips

Message 59 of 73 (1,437 Views)

Work from home task not doable

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all of the expansions, game packs, and stuff packs installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I graduated university and chose the judge career, starting as a gavel smasher. I am not able to complete the work from home assignment: Guest Speak at a University about Law. There is no option to do it on the phone or when I click on classroom at the university.
What happens when the bug occurs? I expect to see an option to complete the work assignment either on the phone or at a university but no option appears.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see an option to complete the work assignment either on the phone or at a university.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

N/A

Message 60 of 73 (1,437 Views)