[FIXED] [DU] Law: Work from Home task not doable

by rottenmeier

Original Post

Re: Law: Option to sort file doesn't show up on Computer

★★★ Newbie

hopefully this can be helpful but I struggled with this for hours and finally my stupid def realized that it might be my computer. so if your using a CC computer that is what is causing you not to find the daily task on the computer. as soon as i got a regular computer it worked perfectly!

Message 31 of 73 (2,804 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] [DU] Law: Work from Home task not doable

★★★ Newbie

Hey I actually figured it out ! Took me forever ! So guest lectures start at 5. You have to travel to a university around that time. Open your phone, click work, click visit law class and than it will work. Idk if it works any other time but I see it only works at lecture times. Hope this helps !!

Message 32 of 73 (2,755 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Law: Work from Home task not doable

★★★ Pro

The guest lecture tooltip needs to be changed to indicate it can only be done between the hours of 5 pm - 7pm and the option needs to be removed from the phone until that time.  Otherwise, it is just confusing for players.  I sent my Sim several times to complete the task.   I just finished the task today at the specified time.

Message 33 of 73 (2,500 Views)

Be a guest lecturer at a university (law)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Dansk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University - Island Living - Get Famous - Seasons - City Living - Get Together - Get to Work - Parenthood - Spa Day.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After you graduate university (law), you get hired as a lawyer - when you work from home, you get the task where you have to be a guest lecturer in law, at a university.
What happens when the bug occurs? The button to complete the task is not showing - have tried through the phone and travelling to the university, then pressing the classroom - the button is not there.
What do you expect to see? I expect to se a button with the task, to complete it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have tried returning to the university between 5 pm and 7 pm - the only choice close to it, is the "attend guest lecture" or what its called - this doesn't work either.

Message 34 of 73 (2,458 Views)

Re: Law: Option to sort file doesn't show up on Computer

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I have the same issue as @SparklyB (post #12).  First day on the 'gavel smasher' job (day after my sim graduated), chose 'work from home', received 2 assignments:  visit Uni Law Class, & guest lecture.  Had option to do ONLY the first via phone; did so; my sim reappeared at her door after she completed the task, & she got the work-credit.  Still did not get the option to do the guest lecture.  Traveled to Uni (Britechester, the commons), clicked on the classroom; no option to give lecture.  Since the job hours for 'gavel smasher' are 8am-4pm & guest lectures in the classroom are 5-7pm, I guessed I had to wait until 5pm, so my sim hung out at the commons until 5pm & I tried again.  Nope; no option to give lecture.  Tried again around 6 pm; no option.  Went home to see if it'd work from there; nope.  The little icon for work/school (briefcase) has a yellow highlight around it, as it does when you're late for work, even though the work hours are well over.  Can't complete the task.  Need a cheat to mark it complete.  (There's one for aspiration-tasks....)  Might be easier than de-bugging whatever is bugged.

(eta:  same issue also as poster immediately above.)

Message 35 of 73 (2,377 Views)

★★★ Novice

So was anyone able to figure out how to file court documents? I’m having this issue and don’t know what to do? Is it a bug?  I’m not using a cc computer. I was able to do it before but now I can’t. 

Message 36 of 73 (2,299 Views)

Hero
@Simmerlover23ng Is the option not there, greyed out or does it not do anything ? What level is your Sim at ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 73 (2,279 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I’m on level 6 and it just doesn’t show up anymore. It used too.
Message 38 of 73 (2,260 Views)

Hero
@Simmerlover23ng Did you use cheats to promote the Sim ? Do you still have it as a task ? At level 6 you might not need to do them anymore. Mine is level 8 and I don't have the option anymore.

Bit unsure if it should still show up

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 39 of 73 (2,255 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict No I don’t use cheats. Also, when I do work from home it asks me to do them, but the option isn’t there. It also helps when I have to offer legal representation. It completes it faster, but idk why it isn’t there. Maybe, it’s a bug like everyone says. It just disappeared. I don’t know why they would ask me to still complete it if I can no longer do them. Idk, I’m confused lol 🤷🏽‍♀️
Message 40 of 73 (2,229 Views)